- Rated 2 out of 5by adrem7, 5 months agoIf you want pop-ups blocked, this works well enough. However the functionality to allow popups you want doesn't work at all.
Say you click something and it should open a popup (and you want it open) a little notifications appears saying popup blocked with two actions (allow, deny). Click deny the notification disappears and the popup doesn't open, great. Click allow and the notification disappears and the popup doesn't open... Not great.
Whitelisting sites is difficult as well.
Very little flexibility with this tool. Hope you want whatever popups the devs have decided to block blocked, because if you don't you're stuffed.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Ben Yahceph, 9 months agoso we all know what this is for. Watching online t.v, (fuk youtube). It works, sure, but not to my liking. I needed all tabs blocked, page remain still, and remove annoying pop-ups and redirects.. it did this half-assed. Had to delete because at a certain point, it just stop catching the requests and let them just roll on through. tf eurogentiles?
- Rated 2 out of 5by molitar, 2 years agoDisappointing as it will not remember to deny sites you already denied.. so I have to deny 2-3 times for a single site. Not well written it needs to remember sites for denying.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Al, 4 years agoPales beside Pop-up Controller.
Pop-up Controller was a click-on-click-off (toggle) Extension that just worked and worked just that simply--click on, click off. No opening a menu every time one wishes to block or unblock a pop-up. On some sites, pop-ups have to be allowed in order to download applications, updates, firmware, etc. Popup Blocker (strict) is just too much of a hassle compared to Pop-up Controller. Unfortunately, Pop-up Controller won't work with the newer versions of Firefox; so, in moving forward, we are forced to take a step backward.
Modify Popup Blocker (strict) to it as simple to use as Pop-up Controller, with the toggle on/off option, and maybe I'll use Popup Blocker (strict).
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 5823955, 5 years agoToo strict most of the time. Blacklist mode sometimes doesn't work.
Better to add a shortcut to add a domain to blacklist. Or at least add a link to open the options. Otherwise it's really wearisome to add blacklist item.
Disabled the add on most of the time. What a shame.