- Rated 5 out of 5by Alex A, 14 days agoLove Privacy! Have used it for so many online subscriptions. Feel much safer shopping online and also more aware of what I'm paying for. The auto-generated card numbers make it so easy. Highly recommend
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 18243514, a month agoSo convenient to be able to fill a checkout form in just a few clicks, without using my real credit card number!
I like that the new version doesn't overlay the entire screen, so it's easy to keep it open and copy card info into the checkout form. Not perfect, but it works great on most sites.
- Rated 5 out of 5by tftft1000, a month agoI'm so glad I found Privacy! I was always really skeptical about websites I was shopping on and was often scared of giving them my card info. With Privacy I don't have to worry anymore, and the extension makes it so easy to just create cards.
Privacy allows me to feel safe about the transactions I make, and I recommend it to all of my friends.
Think it's a great resource - never knew how much I needed it until I started using it.
- Rated 5 out of 5by user10923828102, 2 months agoThis is a must-have for anyone concerned about online security. The add-on lets you create and autofill virtual cards at checkout, so you never have to use your real card number anywhere. Super convenient.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 18206198, 2 months agoRequires "we also collect information about your device for anti-fraud purposes, including IP address, operating system, and browser type. "
This extension worked well for a long time before they added this requirement. Why the heck would a company called "Privacy" think this was a good idea?
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 18127246, 3 months agoPermissions now require you to send all your browsing data to their 3rd-party servers.
This was not required previously. Denying the data opens a new tab saying that they *need* to have this data for some reason. I'd recommend reporting this add-on and the company to Mozilla for review.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Sevenfold6092, 3 months agoI'm really puzzled by the recent design change. The new layout just doesn't seem to work as well. I've had numerous instances where the plugin doesn't load properly unless I'm on a supported webpage. Considering the prevalence of larger monitors with higher resolutions like 2k and 4k, I can't understand the decision to go with such a tiny sidebar. Honestly, I miss the older design a lot. It felt more practical and user-friendly. I hate to say it, but this new design seems somewhat impractical and doesn't have the usability of the previous version.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Ahmad, 4 months agoModified the privacy terms for the Firefox add-on to engage in malicious activities and collect superfluous user data. Quite ironic for an extension dubbed "PRIVACY." Decided to remove it and will resort to manual information transfer instead.
Requesting my IP address, OS details and my browsing history under the guise of "anti-fraud purposes" is far from truthful.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14565419, 4 months agoIt was convenient, but suddenly has a massive permissions grab. NOPE! Seriously, if you are really focused on privacy, then ACT LIKE IT!
PLUS: *any* extension that hijacks the browser and pops up a new tab without your permission and without warning? Instantly removed. You are loudly saying that no matter what I was doing: like giving a presentation to a room full of people using my browser, or rushing to finish writing an article just before deadline in a CMS, is less important than instantly accepting your TOS, WHICH APPEARS IN THE UI OF YOUR EXTENSION ANYHOW. It makes an obnoxiously stupid decision that much worse. Please, please don;t let whoever greenlit this have any input on any user-facing decision ever again.
You do NOT need my IP or OS / etc for "anti-fraud purposes". That is a lie.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17462200, 4 months agoGood service with issues. Would suddenly reject my debit card then accept it a few weeks later. Gave up entirely after the second rejection, unfortunately. Using Plaid is not an option with my credit union. The addon itself issued an ultimatum today - accept sending telemetry or uninstall. I shrugged and uninstalled. I recommend you do as well.