Rated 3.7 out of 5
3.7 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13521064, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5It doesnt work, requires installing other non verified software. It is not customizable, the web address point to an unexisting page.
Looks very much like malware, Do not install
- by Firefox user 13491514, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Error: "Adresse nicht erkannt" (URL: openwithgc://?exe=C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe&pat=aut&file=http://.....)
This addon has no settings or any helping manuals so it's unusable. Fortunately there are some working alternative AddOns.
- by Firefox user 13488788, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5I would have rated this at 5 stars, if it hadn't stopped working at around version 53. Now it's useless and I continually get a message that "The address wasn't understood". Open with Internet Explorer stopped working at the same time.
- by DaveJ, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Latest version (62.0) does NOT work with FF56. I reverted to v49 of the addon and this works perfectly. Same with Open with IE by teh same author... new version does NOT work but the v49 works great.
- by Lovecraft, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5GC.Communicator.exe
I ran this as required by 'Open With Google Chrome' and it completely messed up Firefox, all my addons were gone, all my customisations were gone, years of personalization gone.
I don't remember this needing an extra program to work. In my case I had to run system restore to get Firefox back the way it should be.
I couldn't find what GC.Communicator.exe installed either with standard uninstall or IOBit Uninstaller. Since all my addons were missing, I couldn't use the addon itself to uninstall it either.
This is a dangerous mess.
- by khunopie, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Used this for a few yrs until Right click menu disappeared. Installed addon called "Open in Google Chrome Browser" by developer Andy Portmen and all is well again
- by Firefox user 13366511, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Context menu item will be available after set checkbox called *Enable Open With Google Chrome context menu for links* on project site at http://barisderin.com/extension/openwithgc/options.html
but the backend command not work correctly on Firefox v56 on Windows.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHello,
Could you please send us your operating system, Firefox version and add-on version details to our support email address please so that we can look into problem more thoroughly? If possible, please send us a screenshot of your issue.