- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14005394, 2 months agoStopped working today. Absolutely does not set focus to the web page instead of the address bar. The cursor jumps to the address bar every time I try to type in the Google search field. Also will not open new tabs to my home page. Instead it opens to Firefox home page.
Developer responseposted 20 hours agoPlease do not abuse the review system for support requests. If it suddenly stopped it's clear that it can't be the fault of New Tab Override as there was no update at the time of your review. Also there was no other similar report.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17862970, 2 months agoCan't set custom homepage with custom protocol e.g. moz-extension://
Developer responseposted 20 hours agoYou can use moz-extension:// URIs now. In the future, please request features via appropriate channels instead of abusing the review system. Maybe you want to consider a better review now as your only point of criticism was addressed.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17407360, 9 months agoIt does not work!
Developer responseposted 8 months agoThere are zero current bug reports that it doesn't work and I can't confirm it either. So if you have problems please open a GitHub issue and I will try to help you. But please don't give bad reviews just because you don't use it right.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Kay, a year agoSet a dark new tab page, for some reason during the already sluggish feeling redirect, the extension flashbangs my eyes with a wall of white every time. Seemingly no option to change that, doesn't happen when redirecting an existing tab to the wanted page, nor with other new tab apps.
Edit: Sad to see the dev rage at the review instead of fixing the issue - I'd have been happy to change the review had my issues been fixed (or one of them, to merit a change at least), now I'm just highly motivated to find a way to turn reply updates off and never touch the extension again. I get you're likely underpaid or not paid at all for this, but neither am I paid to be your bug tester.
Yes, I think I'll use the review function how it's meant to be used, to notify people who look at the reviews about the app's downsides.
I have nothing against you personally. The extension was frustrating and a waste of time to try to make work as desired, which I nonetheless believed I could do because of the numerous high reviews. My experience didn't reflect that. The statistical point of user reviews isn't to rate 5 stars because while it sucked for me it might work for other people - I'm sure it does.
Developer responseposted a year agoSo the add-on works in general and there is only a visual annoyance for you, nothing else. And still you think instead of reporting an issue to me so that I can investigate and try to fix it you should rate this add-on with the worst rating that is possible. Bummer. Very frustrating for developers who spend their spare time to offer free extensions to other users.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17775966, a year agodoesn't let you use the firefox homepage as the new tab page
Developer responseposted a year agoThis is neither possible for a WebExtension nor necessary. It's a built-in feature of Firefo to use the Firefox home page as new tab page. Therefore it's inappropriate to give a bad rating for this add-on.
- Rated 1 out of 5by caltrop, 2 years agodoes not work especially with a local HTML page, which gets all mucked up
Developer responseposted 2 years agoThis is not true at all. The extension works exactly as described. For local HTML pages there are restriction that are not New Tab Override's fault. But it's described within the add-on. The add-on also describes a workaround that works like a charm. So please be fair and don't give bad rating for things that are not the add-on's fault.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Zarathustra420, 2 years agoMy experience with this add-on is horrible. When I first started the add-on, it went to settings. For some strange reason, the developer makes it incredibly difficult to GET BACK TO THE SETTINGS. My new tab goes to either a blank page or the firefox homepage. In firefox settings, the new tab area says that it is controlled by this add-on (new tab override). (I have everything else correct, "custom url" and "new tab override" in the appropriate places.) Unfortunately, the only way to change the new tab page is to get back to settings. THEY SAY all you have to do is press Shift + F12 to get to settings. That couldn't be less true, at least for me. It goes to the standard F12 html debug window. Then they say that, "it is also possible to open the settings interface by entering newtab settings in the address bar or from the menu entry in the tools menu). I was able to do that once, then it disappeared! You'd think that he would have a link to get to settings or there would be an easy way to change this SINCE IT'S THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF THE ADD-ON. Very frustrating. I see why only 78,000 people could stick with it. When it works, it's great. Problem is: it only works when you first set it up. There isn't any new tab icon anymore, I have no idea why it disappeared. It's probably Norton or something, I have no idea. It's quite frustrating. Avoid the frustration--that's my advice. Oh yeah, the icon on the taskbar USED TO ALLOW ACCESS. It disappeared, too. It's glitchy as heck and not worth the trouble. Avoid.
- Rated 1 out of 5by monnot, 2 years agoJe n'arrive pas à avoir la traduction directe, instantanée de pages entières. Que dois-je faire ? MERCI de me répondre.Ce que j'ai essayé de faire, c'est pas "TOP" : il faut recopier toute la page, c'est "DUR DUR DUR" C'est trop compliqué pour moi. Il doit y avoir une astuce pour traduire instantanément tous les textes complets, sans les réécrire. Expliquer moi. MERCI