- Rated 4 out of 5by TheWayOfYahweh, 5 years agoThis is a very useful tool, but if only there were a way to have it not effect the Home Button as well. Maybe an option available as to where or not one want their Home Button to be forced into a new tab?
- Rated 4 out of 5by Mark B, 6 years agoStill a few problems (as mentioned already in the support page) but they are due to lack of support in Firefox Quantum.
Still, having this extension is a lot better than NOT having it.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13617718, 6 years agoI agree with Roenick about the extra tabs opening. Happens most annoying with links Gmail. Happens if "webRequest" button is selected. If I select "webNavigation" button extra tab doesn't open, but typing a url in the location bar results in that page being opened in current tab instead of a new tab. Hope this can be fixed so I can rate 5 stars.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Richard, 6 years agoI like this but there are issues. Regardless of the options if I have the first radio button under the Blocking Method selected and then under the "For a URL which has the origin same as the current page" selected I get an unnecessary tab opened up. I've tried checking and unchecking the "open as a child" option to no avail. I still get this blank tab that opens up next to the original tab and then the bookmark opens up next to that. So I have three tabs, the original, the blank tab and then the bookmark tab I wanted opened up. Is there a way to set this up so I don't have this extra middle tab opening? Thank you! I hope you can fix this! Richard
- Rated 4 out of 5by Giraldi, 6 years agoLife saver (at least for early Quantum users)... but one thing is missing, though... the ability to use ALT-ENTER to open the search result in the current TAB just in case necessary... ;)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Andreas Zollmann, 6 years agoWorks well except for one fixable glitch: When clicking on links from GMail-Emails, a temporary tab remains open. This can be fixed by changing the line "Recycle more tabs..." in the extension settings to the following value:
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13540709, 6 years agoBisher verwendete ich TabMixPlus, das für den neuen FF leider nicht mehr funktioniert, um beim Wechsel zu einer neuen Site immer ein neues Tab zu bekommen. Direkt im FF kann ich mit about:config zwar einstellen, dass URL-Aufrufe aus den Bookmarks in neuen Tabs geöffnet werden sollen, aber bei Eingabe einer neuen URL in der LocationBar öffnet sich die Seite leider immer im aktuellen Tab statt in einem neuen.
Genau das löst dieses Add-on nun für mich.
Ok, die Realisierung des Features ist nicht problemlos oder perfekt. Aber besser als keine Lösung auf jeden Fall.