- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13832388, 5 years agoIt works well with a blacklist, but muting by default and using a whitelist is much more problematic. Reloading a tab, using the reload button or Ctrl+R, always results in a muted page even if the site is whitelisted. Sometimes rules don't work as described, e.g. "google.com" doesn't also whitelist "calendar.google.com". And nothing I do seems to be able to unmute "about:newtab" (which would be nice just for aesthetics). The advertised regex support doesn't seem to work at all for the whitelist.
I'm giving it three stars because it does work great with the blacklist. But I wasted a lot of time trying to get the whitelist to work.
Developer responseposted 5 years agoMy apologies for the delayed response,
I can confirm that reloading a whitelisted tab toggles the mute state, which seems to be related with the "calendar.google.com" issue and I'm currently working on it.
About the "about:newtab" for me "about:blank" did the trick.
About the regex you need to use slashes (/) at the start and beginning of the rule for the extension to recognize it as regex rule.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13679754, 5 years agoIt works... usually. Most of the time. There are a decent number of ads that still manage to play sound through this addon.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Derpinton, 6 years agoThis is a good extension to have but I am experiencing the same thing as nowix where in the settings where you can whitelist and blacklist, whenever I add a link and try to add another or delete it, it freezes. Please fix this as soon as you can I really need this addon.
- Rated 3 out of 5by nowix, 6 years agoGreat work, thanks. I have a bug on the addon settings panel : when I click on the blue trash icon of any url, the entire settings page freezes and doesn't respond until I reload it. I can't remove url I added.
Developer responseposted 6 years agoThank you for letting me know of such issue. Unfortunately I can't seem to reproduce the issue on any of my machines and different versions of Firefox. But after clicking the blue trashcan icon it should display a pop-up with a confirm remove dialog. As a workaround while I can't solve the issue, please use the tab-context menu "Add/edit entry to Blacklist" option to remove or add a page to the Blacklist or Whitelist.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Roenick, 6 years agoI checked mute all by default, nothing on white list
And when I open a new tab, Youtube for exemple, it's not mute.
What am I doing wrong ?
edit : Ok thanks for the fast reply :)
when you said that I should see a mute icon, I thought about incompatibility with another addon. I found it, it's Tree Style Tab version 0.19.2017061601. When I disable it, your addon works. Weird because I tried another mute add on "Mute Tab" I think and the icon appears in each tab and it's functional. Only thing it appears only when sound's playing, so I can't mute if sound is short.
Do you think it's a bug in Tree Style Tab or in you addon ?
Developer responseposted 6 years agoHello,
I just tested it here in three different setups and it works as intended.
You should see the mute icon besides the tab icon on all the tabs when "Mute by default" is checked
Edit: I'm pretty sure that is Tree Style Tab fault as it doesn't look to be WebExtension API compatible and Firefox 57+ compatible. The addon is probably messing with the way my addon checks for url changes.