This provides features to handle multiple tabs at once, for example, close them, reload them, and so on. When you press the mouse button and dragging over tabs, they will be selected. (Note: The tab will be just moved, if you move the mouse quickly. To start selection, you have to keep the button pressed and wait for a while.) After you release the button, the popup to choose command will be shown. Of course, you can toggle selection by Ctrl-click on each tab and call features from the context menu. Yes, the behavior looks like Excel.
Buit-in features for selected tabs:
* Close selected tabs
* Close not-selected tabs
* Reload selected tabs
* Duplicate selected tabs
* Pin/unpin selected tabs (Minefield/Firefox 4)
* Move selected tabs to a group (Minefield/Firefox 4)
* Move selected tabs to a new window
* Bookmark selected tabs
* Copy URIs/titles+URIs/HTML links for selected tabs to the clipboard
* Save (download) selected tabs to the local disk
* Print selected tabs (require Print All Tabs: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/5142
You can customize the tab selection menu by Menu Editor ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/710
Extra features for general tab context menu:
* Close right tabs
* Close left tabs
* Close all tabs include the selected tab
* Close similar tabs (same domain) exclude the selected tab
You can move tabs with drag and drop if you start to drag on a tab after you press the mouse button immediately. Multiple tabs can be dragged and moved if you select multiple tabs by Ctrl-click or Shift-click before you start to drag.
This emulates some features of "iRider". Selecting of closeboxes can close tabs directly, and you can switch tabs by dragging on tabs. (require configuration)
See also Tree Style Tab ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/5890
This is developed under a project to restructure TBE for Firefox 2. See also Informational Tab ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/4930
For developers, Multiple Tab Handler provides public API. By the API, you'll be able to...
* Add new feature to the tab selection menu.
* Add new item to the tab context menu easiliy.
* Get selected tabs as an array.
* Toggle selection state of tabs.
More information, see: http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_multipletab.html.en#api