- by Darto, a year agoRated 1 out of 5A program/utility/addon should be rated as a sum of two parts: the utility itself and the documentation.
The documentation provided by the homepage for MSI Multiple File Downloader I rate as F minus: horrible beyond belief.
As for home this addon works, I have no clue because the makers decided to put tons of information on their site, EXCEPT HOW TO BEGIN TO USE IT.
So, what don't I know: I do not know how to download files with it. It is installed. I have no clue how to use it.
- by Firefox user 12524071, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Just. Does. Not. Work.
It's an amazingly poorly written add-on where no one is able to use it properly. Not sure what are "MSI Developers" doing. For one, nothing shows up in the downloadable content list (it's always greyed out). Even when you do the stuff some enlightened person wrote in the reviews section (marking the pngs downloadable, for example), it now lists them, but still errors out and does not download them with the error "Unchecked lastError value: Error: filename must not be an absolute path" in the Browser Console. This shouldn't even be alpha.
- by Firefox user 14087260, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Multiple File Download button doesn't show next to address bar, even after i confirmed Enable it. So how can i use this extension if it doesn't show? Please fix this because DownThemAll has not yet release Firefox Quantum version. Next to address bar only has Page Actions, Pocket & Bookmark button.
- by Firefox user 14021322, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Totally useless, no directions or indication it is on your computer. That coupled with no response from the developer leads me to think there is something nefarious going on here.
- by Firefox user 13859262, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Any amount of instructions/documentation would make this even barely usable.
I have a Firefox Quantum 59.0 (64 bits) on MAC High Sierra. The button is on the menu but greyed out. Maybe because I am trying to download pdfs?
I see no answer from the developers so maybe this is an abandoned project? If you are out there I am willing to contribute documentation if you explain how this works.
- by Firefox user 13617441, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5You need to
A. Make a right click download option
B. Make a highlight link selection option
C. Make hyperlinks visible to the downloader
D. Make all forms of media AS WELL AS multi page hyperthreads visible to the downloader
As this product is, although I see potential, until these issues are addressed it is just click-bate.
I WILL change my review to 5 stars if you can fix this add-on
- by Firefox user 13576862, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Despite the terrible reviews I gave this a try. Using FF 57 (64-bit). The screenshot provided shows an icon in the address bar that is not visible on my browser. Tried installing a couple of times, exited, re-entered browser and still the icon does not exist.
The WIKI for the add-on does not provide any information related to this issue.
- by Firefox user 12925307, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5If it does anything at all, I can't see it! How about making screenshots + step-by-step instructions MANDATORY FOR ALL PLUG_INS? Not FAQs, actual, indexed, searchable instructions, including TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS?
Quality control appears to be non-existent at Mozilla lately. The "new-improved" product is glitchy and plug-ins are iffy. Uninstalling this one.