Reviews for Ivacy VPN: Best Free VPN for Privacy and Security
Ivacy VPN: Best Free VPN for Privacy and Security by Ivacy VPN
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15189844, 2 years agoEvery hour and even several times an hour this extension logs off. Awful!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 16389361, 2 years agoI am a long-time user of Ivacy and have been using the Firwfox addon for many months now. I notice people complaining that it fails to do this or that. Not in my experience, but it is quite sensitive to being correctly set up. Also, it fails when the internet fails and it seems that ISP's don't like VPN, so they are running short-term interupts to the service, to try to force your VPN to turn off. That way they can see what you are doing. Be aware that HTTPS connections are encrypted from end to end anyway, so they can't read those even if a VPN turns off.
You may need to make provision for Ivacy to have a route through your firewall. The easy way to know if that might be your problem is to close the firewall and then see if Ivacy runs. I had to do that in Linux.
Customer service at Ivacy is superb IMHO.
Ivacy has apps for Windows, Apple and (Ibelieve) Android, but under Linux you have to create the VPN copnnections yourself and it won't work if you have any error in your settings. The instructions are quite clear, but they do have to be followed in detail.
I hope some might find this useful. I love Ivacy and I came to it AFTER trying other VPN services !
- Rated 1 out of 5by Kyna Tiona, 3 years agoIt seems to be doing its job alright when it's active, but it keeps logging out every couple of hours. I'm not sure what's causing it to do this, and it doesn't have any kind of kill switch function. There's so many gaps in its protection that it may as well not even be there, on top of being a hassle. For goodness sake, at least make it remember my login...
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 16173991, 3 years agoFrequently this extension claims that the service is unusually busy and won't let me log in - this is a service that I have paid for! On many of the times that I do get logged in, the service degrades and will not change from one country to another, even trying to stop the service makes no difference and I can't remove the "stuck" ip until I have rebooted. There are also times when the service just stops working and requires that I log in again to use it. I have found that, at least usually, it retains the latest ip address that was in use rather than dropping the vpn altogether. This service would be great if it worked as intended but, unfortunately, it does not. To make matters worse, the main vpn service will not work at all for me.
- Rated 2 out of 5by archiesongs, 3 years agoAs a 1 year+ customer, I have some grief with the VPN service for its mediocre speed and stability. The firefox extension itself has an aggravating interface, with random surprise log-offs leaving you exposed and having to painfuly log back on (process entirely manual with no help with credentials taht you have to retrieve each time. That's several times a week. Talk about post'it passwords....
- Rated 1 out of 5by Bill Peter, 3 years agoThis extensions break Google Meet in firefox 77.0.1.
Google Meet will get a firewall error if this extensions is enabled.
Please fix this
- Rated 1 out of 5by Dat Guy, 3 years agoDoesn't work at all. They offer just a 1-day trial, which demands a hefty registration process and after I went through it all - when I tap the power button within the add-on to hopefully connect, NOTHING HAPPENS!!!
I contacted customer support and was told this add-on is not compatible with mobile Firefox. I wonder what is it doong then in the mobile store..
- Rated 2 out of 5by Ram, 3 years agoIt keeps disconnecting after some time. Hope developers fix it soon.Hello there.
This is Valerie from Ivacy. My sincerest apologies for the issues you faced with Ivacy Extension. Please connect with me directly by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can get your issues resolved ASAP.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13414617, 3 years agoI installed the addon, but I could not change the country. The box did not come up to let me change anything. I deleted it and reinstalled it, and now I cannot switch on Ivacy at all.Hello there.
This is Valerie from Ivacy. My sincerest apologies for the problem you faced with Ivacy Extension. Please connect with me directly by emailing me at email@example.com so I can get your issues resolved on top priority.
- Rated 3 out of 5by wzq, 3 years agoIt will cause IPv6 to fail to connect.Even in a state of useless startup.Hello there.
This is Valerie from Ivacy. My sincerest apologies for the problem you faced regarding IPv6. Please connect with me directly by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can get your issues resolved on top priority.
- Rated 1 out of 5by firefoxuserhk, 3 years agoIt always log out by itself. And will not automatically connect if connection is disrupted. I am not aware that I was not using the VPN connection until i notice the small icon on the bar greyed out.Hello there.
This is Valerie from Ivacy. My sincerest apologies for the login issue you faced. Please connect with me directly by emailing me at email@example.com so I can get your issues resolved ASAP.