Invidition is released under the license "The Unlicense". Source code is available on Codeberg.
The icon has been made by Nicolas Llopis! Thanks to him! I highly recommend you to check his awesome work!
- 2 in 1 Supports Invidious and Nitter support in the same extension!
- Transparent. You have nothing to do. Everything is redirected in background.
- Highly configurable You can configure most of Invidious settings. Nitter settings will arrive once the project has matured.
- Instance selection You can choose the instance you prefer. Even a custom one!
- Quick settings You can control most of Invidious settings from the popup menu
Invidition is compatible with any other extension but you'll need to configure extension using WebRequest API like uMatrix or NoScript. This is because these extensions prevent calls to YouTube before Invidition can read them.
Instructions to configure uMatrix and NoScript are available on Codeberg. Please, read instructions carefully before filling any issue.
Why do you need these permissions?
- Access your data for all websites is needed for embeds to work and because we can't know which Invidious instance you'll choose.
- Access browser tabs is needed to reload automatically opened tabs when you click on it after you changed your settings. It is also used to know when a tab has been updated to display an Invidition button in the address bar.
Invidition does not collect any data.
If used with Tor, a request to the .onion version of The Tor Project. It is to know if user is using Tor or a classic Firefox version.
Report this add-on for abuse
If you think this add-on violates Mozilla's add-on policies or has security or privacy issues, please report these issues to Mozilla using this form.
Please don't use this form to report bugs or request add-on features; this report will be sent to Mozilla and not to the add-on developer.
This add-on can:
- Access your data for all websites
- Access browser tabs
- Remove option to rewrite links. It needs a rewrite to reduce RAM and CPU usage.