- Rated 2 out of 5by USER-EXPERIENCEONLY, a year ago9-22; another one of firefox's browser hijacker addons. Malware. Loads their webpage without input. This is what you get from "recommended" ffox addons-malware.
6-1-22: may have infected mymachine with hijack to it's site. Problems with website coming up on browser with no input. Hijack this found malware hijacking this site in dns. After cleaning with hijack this problem went away. too intrusive with it's floating icon when you never asked for it to load. Does work MOSt of the time, but not always.
less and less universally working. Does not work on many pages and does not give translation for cebuano or filipino. Better than the others I have tried though.Need to add translation of entire web page that works. Google does not work often.
started out good about 4 mos ago, now getting flaky. Icon appears without input. some pages cannot send to translation or does not work when translate page is activated. Still pretty good though but not as convenient as I first thought. Still having to use an outside translator, particularily for webpage translations.
- Rated 2 out of 5by TELLALL4ALL, a year ago7-20-22: acts like malware. Every time you load your browser hijacks you to their webpage. Cannot get rid of this malware feature, neither by firewall or hosts. It works better than most of the other translators, but at what cost? Relies on google translate to get the job done so you sending your data to evil google.
Have tried about 6-7 translators and this is the ONLY one that works. Enuf said. And it's quick too.
- Rated 2 out of 5by HonestReviews, a year ago9-2-22: STILL INSTALLS MALWARE on your machine hijacking your browser to auto load their webpage w/out your input. Reported to Mozilla and they did nothing about it. Next Mozilla's going to be recommending trojans and RAT addons for your browser.
update 12-11-21: serious bug in using inline translation. Locks up computer win 8.1 requiring reboot. cannot be used for inline translation as a result. Frequently fails to initiate translation without additional clicking on "translate". Sometime fails to translate at all. went from good to much worse in a several months.
Update 6-23-21: Inserts it's annoying animated circle when logging into your email account even when you never clicked on the extension. And this annoying animated circle has no text so you don't know where it's coming from.
Have tried maybe 5-6 add on translators. This is the only one that actually works. Fast and good translations for selected text. Great addon. way to go imtranslator 6-22-21
- Rated 2 out of 5by Daniel, a year agopopup thing that appear when i select text is too annoying so i have to use hotkeys, but hotkeys doesn't work at all.
Developer responseposted a year agoTo translate with a shortcut key hold the Alt(default) key BEFORE or AFTER selecting the text with the mouse. The Bubble Translator will pop-up with the translation.
You can set any permitted shortcut key using the Pop-up Bubble Options menu.
For all technical issues please use the Feedback form in ImTranslator Options
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 5974554, 2 years agoTried to translate entire page at: https://ichbinanderermeinung.de/Dokument93.pdf
Had to copy/paste and the whole page was NOT translated.
I expected a new tab open with a translated to English page. Nope. :(
- Rated 2 out of 5by Nícolas Justin, 3 years agoIt is one of the best translators I have ever used, but in this last update of (Aug 27, 2019), it started to use a lot of RAM (8Gb), surely it must be some mistake.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15071925, 3 years agoвсплывающий "баббл" не работает (
Developer responseposted 3 years agoFor all technical issues please use the Feedback form in ImTranslator Options
For your reference, the link to user guide is
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14571061, 4 years agoGood functionality but it constantly uses 1% resources in Firefox task manager. I disabled pop-up buddle, translation history, translation providers, dictionaries and for a 1 hour after browser launch it used 4 997 313 processor resources (94 340 ms) but i didn't even use it. Consumption of installed uBlock, Gmail checker plus, Tampermonkey respectively: 9800 (3.2s), 2900 (1s), 3200 (0.6s).
Updated to 15.12 and it actually not fixed for me. The same behavior