- Rated 3 out of 5by JokeDeity, 2 months agoUsed to work great for me, but I'm back to googling everything because this doesn't return any different images anymore for me. Just shows the same image I'm searching from and never loads anything new. I never changed any of my settings, it just stopped working for me. Was really nice before it stopped. Can't find a setting that would change anything for the better.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoCould you let me know which websites don't work anymore? It's very possible they updated their websites in some way, and I haven't been aware of it to update it. Feel free to use any of the channels listed at the end of the addon's description for communication (github/discord/email etc.)
I also just updated the addon to 2023.8.0. See if it solves any of your issues :)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Macurta, 2 months agoExtension is now working perfectly for Deviant-Art. Thank you for fixing it. Works great!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17568747, 6 months agoWorks great for the most part, but it breaks .mp4 files, converting them to .jpg in the browser. Ultimately had to remove this extension, and find a different one.
Developer responseposted 6 months agoIf you're referring to Imgur, this issue should be fixed in the next release: https://github.com/qsniyg/maxurl/issues/1050
If not, could you let me know which website it does this on? The issue you're describing is definitely not intended behavior, so I'd love to fix it if possible :)
- Rated 5 out of 5by -, a year agoVery impressive. Strong options.
Sadly, no copy to clipboard, the most frequent function used on daily basis. At least popup won't run away but it's annoying to right click and find the menu item to copy. Shift-S again not capturing the frame, but saving. Another quick method: Drag and drop outside of browser not working. Saving a file/URL and the reopening is the slowest option and fragments drive with files not needed at all.
Gallery save is fantastic (tho it won't save videos).
There's major problem with popups on basically everything, either tiny icons or web's own gallery - then the popup gets annoying (same size image over the same size image). So i define min and max, but then i miss a shortcut to enforce popup (on filtered items). Tried Minimum size, Exclude background-images, Exclude if media URL is unchanged but it's not enough until the most useful setting "Open if size is +25%" exists. Disable Background pics would remove Aliexpress popups. I also get background preview even if objects above it - really annoying. It cannot be used in popup mode really!
PS Thanks! Will track GIT.
Note1: I mean copy _picture_! Not URL. Note2: re "enforce" i was thinking creatively of keeping mode (mouse hover/shortcut) with all limiting options in effect as it is, and add a modifier to enforce image detection no matter what - including background -> perfect picture digger feature usually not needed, but with just one keyboard modifier you can have it! Do background popups annoy you? you can dig missing pics from sites like Aliexpress instantly. 2 tool in once: classic popup and analytical pic digger. As seen on TV;)
Developer responseposted a year ago> Sadly, no copy to clipboard, the most frequent function used on daily basis
Try Shift+C (default, modifiable via the Shortcuts tab). Alternatively, you can also setup an alternate popup trigger with its respective popup action set to "Copy link". Note that for this to work, "Enable writing to clipboard" (under the General tab) must be enabled.
Edit: Copy picture is tracked here: https://github.com/qsniyg/maxurl/issues/269
> Drag and drop outside of browser not working
Thanks for letting me know, I hadn't thought of that use case! I suppose there could be an option to prevent dragging the popup (thereby allowing the image itself to be dragged) via a certain key being pressed. Or another option to disable popup movement altogether. Two more options couldn't hurt... :)
Tracked here: https://github.com/qsniyg/maxurl/issues/1082
> but then i miss a shortcut to enforce popup (on filtered items)
If I understand correctly, would a "Force popup trigger" key (that will open the popup regardless of the minimum size etc. options) fix the issue you're having?
> it's not enough until the most useful setting "Open if size is +25%" exists
I thought I'd added an option like that a while back, but I don't see it either. Yeah I completely agree that should be added :)
Tracked here: https://github.com/qsniyg/maxurl/issues/1081
Thank you very much for the feedback, and sorry for the late reply. If you want to follow up, feel free to use one of the social channels (Github/Email/Discord/etc.), it's a bit hard to have a conversation on Mozilla Addons since it doesn't allow back-and-forth conversation unfortunately (unless they changed something recently).
- Rated 5 out of 5by happysurf, 2 years agoNo more works on Instagram, please fix.
EDIT: For me doesn't work also the Github version. :(It should be fixed in the next release. In the meantime, feel free to use the git version, it should be fixed there.
Edit: 2023.2.0 is now released, please try and see if it works.
- Rated 4 out of 5by JP, 2 years agoThis used to work great until recently: images on Instagram won't load now. Hasn't been working for a while now: tumbler images won't load.Sorry for the late reply. The next version will fix Instagram (and support 1440x for posts without needing the mobile API). Tumblr will also be fixed. You can side-load the Github version in the meantime if you wish, they should work properly there :)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Huy, 2 years agoGreat tool. I originally downloaded this for IG because it was able to download full-resolution 1440x1800 images without any issues, but recently it hasn't been able to do that.
A different app is able to see the 1800x images if I select an image only on my timeline, and if I go incognito mode and select the images on their profiles. It's called "Instagram Photo Plus" if you're curious.
However this app has still been fantastic when I'm on other websites, especially when I grab an extremely scaled down image from a web article but then it auto-links to the high-res original photo.
- Rated 5 out of 5by KnIXght, 2 years ago- I really love this add-on, but I am finding it hard to figure out a way to better organize by size [resolution]
- When I am on a website [Pinterest], and there are multiple images; when it pops up with what I guess is the 'gallery' it does not sort it by size at all. And, when I press 'next' it switches to a completely different image.
- I mainly just want a way to truly isolate the image that I am trying to download, and then just find the larger versions. I have tested this and even if there are two or more images of the same time [different sizes], it will not load just those images; nor will it only display the largest.
- I noticed that whenever I open an image in a new tab, it automatically loads the highest resolution, but not every time.Sorry for the late reply. I might be extrapolating a bit too much from your request, but are you looking for a way to automatically reverse image search the image, and find larger versions?
If so, that's actually not what this addon currently does. It doesn't replace using a reverse image search engine, but rather complements it, because image search engines will often not provide the largest version that a site will offer.
This addon works by using APIs and regex rules specific to each of the sites it supports to find the largest publicly available version of the image that the site offers. For example, let's say that a website has the following images:
If this addon had a rule for that site, it would replace image_small.jpg with image_large.jpg, based entirely on the URL of the image (replacing _small with _large).
I'm not against adding support for reverse image search engines in a future version, but I'm not sure when I'll have time to get to that. If someone else would like to contribute this in the meantime though, I would be more than happy to accept a PR! :)