Review by David Zukerman
- Rated 1 out of 5by Broffrey, a year agoAvoid this kind of useless shop-savings extensions that in facts can spy what you are looking on the internet, it's just collecting informations on you to profile you and similar customers to finally target ads/products/services. That's desguished spyware in counterpart to provide you a pretended nice service for free.
And just about the service provided: this kind of extensions (lots of similar exist like this one) can modify the webpages on-the-fly and also can censure some parts or search results to guide you to buy to a specific shop... instead of a concurrent. And guess who is paying the extension editor to do that? Sellers?
Just look at what this extension is requiring at the Permissions part...
Mind again before adding browser extensions!
- Rated 1 out of 5by In, 2 years agoI went through the trouble of downloading and joining Giving Assistant but it gave no coupon code and nothing back on Panda Express $32 dinner purchase online. BAAAAD.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Central Vapors, 3 years agoIt doesn't get much easier than this so…
It doesn't get much easier than this so earn cash back when shopping online with absolutely no extra effort, the browser extension is set it and forget it. Then get paid when you shop online at the stores you were going to do your shopping at anyways!
Giving Assistant is as close to a Money Tree as it gets.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15735622, 3 years agoOf the various shopping extensions, I find this one to be most user friendly. It seems to show up at just the right time and gives me good cash back rates.
- Rated 5 out of 5by TotalGaz, 4 years agoLove how I can see my cash back earned and donations given by clicking on the extension image. Quite a lot of account setting functions on it. Works no issues for me 👍
- Rated 5 out of 5by Central Vapors, 4 years agoIt doesn't get much easier than this so earn cash back when shopping online with absolutely no extra effort, the browser extension is set it and forget it. Then get paid when you shop online at the stores you were going to do your shopping at anyways!
Giving Assistant is as close to a "Money Tree" as it gets. Highly recommend this extension
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14685839, 4 years agoScam Alert Giving Assistat scam !!!
I was looking to make a big purchase and looking on many sites that gives cash back i was lured by giving assistant that shows on their site and on their app that would give 10% back while others would give 5% or less. Little that i knew that was a big bait and switch and ended up having no cash back at all. I contacted them and told them that on their site was showing 10% cash back and nowhere on their site says otherwise. Their response was to read the privacy and policy of the site i bought from and not theirs. I think this is very misleading since they are the one providing the service of giving me 10% cash back and not the site i bought from. For me this is a big deal false advertisement and i think people should be well aware of this scam on this site.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoHi Rob, I responded to a similar review you left for us on Site Jabber, but in case you didn't see it, I've posted it here as well. While we wish that all merchants would offer flat cash back rates, many of them have very specific terms and exclusions based on what you purchase. These terms are determined completely by the merchant. To check for terms and exclusions, all you need to do is click the 'i' icon on the Shop Now button. Any terms that we know about will be listed there. I've pasted below the terms that AirBnb has listed on their store page.
'10% standard cash back for hosts only, on booked listing amount when guest checks in. Hosts must create listing after clicking through Giving Assistant.'
If you have further questions or concerns, please send us an email at email@example.com.