- Rated 1 out of 5by Mel, a year agoNo longer works since Firefox updated from version 100.x to 102.x. on my MacOS 10.14 Mojave. The right click pops up the context menu, usually disabling the gesture. Gesturefy developers: PLEASE FIX THIS BUG.
Developer responseposted a year agoMost certainly this might solve your problem: https://github.com/Robbendebiene/Gesturefy/wiki/Troubleshooting#the-context-menu-opens-after-performing-a-gesture
If not and you really want this to be solved make a detailed report here: https://github.com/Robbendebiene/Gesturefy/issues
- Rated 1 out of 5by m3m3l0v3r, 2 years agoтрекинг движений настолько помойный, что хочется плакать. пользуюсь этим в виду отсутствия альтернатив на фаерфоксе, но ребята уже заставили задуматься о смене браузера.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 16825582, 2 years agoThe update made it very difficult to use.
I use it because I have no other choice, but I'd like to go back to the old four-way only version.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoIf you are using the "Combined" or "Shape Independent" algorithm (see the advanced settings) then version 3 shouldn't have any drawbacks, despite the fact that you might have to re-setup some gestures.
Alternatively you can always go back to an older version: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/gesturefy/versions/
- Rated 1 out of 5by gwho, 3 years agolimited actions.
Foxy gestures is way better. Foxy gestures also has all the actions visible to you, so you don't need to scroll through actions and set stuff up.
you'd think custom freeform gestures is more flexible and better, but it just makes it less precise.
It's good to allow flexible input, but restrict them and map them to left right up and down. Otherwise it becomes too finicky. You think you did a gesture but it didn't because your freeform gesture you set up was slightly off angle and slightly too short. Shit like that is pointless and annoying.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Void, 3 years agoLatest update made it worse!
I've loved this addon for a long time, however (as other reviews have pointed out) the latest update changed the way it logs gestures and I find this far, far worse. I have a 'C' shape for closing a tab, if I draw this at my normal speed, it picks it up about 50% of the time. I keep finding myself doing actions I don't intend now because if the way it picks up gestures whereas it used to work so smoothly because each motion was logged, now it seems more loose and undefined, I do not enjoy it.
It's really sad to see this happen because I think it already worked very well, if I could revert to the previous version then I would do.
Please, I do hope that you can change it back or make the new method work a little better so I don't have to do everything really slowly, I prefered the super fast motions I could do before in a blur to do 10 things in a second and now I have to slow myself, it feels sluggish.
Sorry for the negative review, it's not what I'd like to do for an addon I've recommended to countless people since I got it.With version 3.0.4 there was an update of the matching algorithm. You can activate it in the settings. This should work better for you. See: https://github.com/Robbendebiene/Gesturefy/releases/tag/v3.0.4
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13801717, 3 years agoIt was the best gesture extension i have used until it upgrades to 3.X.With version 3.0.4 there was an update of the matching algorithm. You can activate it in the settings. This should work better for you. See: https://github.com/Robbendebiene/Gesturefy/releases/tag/v3.0.4
- Rated 1 out of 5by drk001, 3 years agoNew Gesturefy is suxx. It has been uninstalled for inaccuracy in recognizing mouse movements. I do not recommend.With version 3.0.4 there was an update of the matching algorithm. You can activate it in the settings. This should work better for you. See: https://github.com/Robbendebiene/Gesturefy/releases/tag/v3.0.4
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13153259, 3 years agoOut of curiosity because i use another extension, i installed this one, i configure my gestures with the same movements as the other plugin I use and which was disabled, and the gesture related to move down in one page does not work, only going up. Removed directly after that. Maybe I'll check again in a year.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 16051526, 3 years agoI will start by saying I have loved this extension ever since the first version. The only reason I'm giving it 1 star is to attract developer attention to a very annoying issue with the latest version 3.0.1.
Let me paint the picture first: Users who install gesture addons, like me, and you - who are reading this now, are very particular users. They value convenience and ease of use. They want effectiveness and elegance. In the case of gestures - they have to, first of all, work. And work well. When I draw that L-shape on the screen, I want to be sure that in at least 95% of the time it will get recognized and trigger the action I need. Otherwise the addon becomes more of an obstacle than a help. You have managed to be that reliable rock-solid addon for a long tim for me.
With the version 3.0.1. unfortunately, I have immediately noticed that something's wrong. My gestures are no longer recognised effectively. It seems now, that the length of the lines I draw have something to do with the recognition process. I can no longer draw a shape that starts and ends properly. Now I have to be sure that the length of each segment is correct. This adds a layer of complexity that I do not need, and am not willing to adopt. It is unnecessary. It is more complexity, less convenience. And for the sake of what exactly? I'm not sure.
I reverted to the version 2.1.6. which seems to work as it always has. I will use that for now.
But the most important take away for you - the developers - should be that I will now start looking for alternatives among your competitors. I want to e up to date with addon versions for the sake of security, and if your addon still does not work as expected, I will regretably switch.
Let me leave you with this simple thought:
"If it's not broken, don't fix it."
Hope I was of help. Cheers.