- Rated 5 out of 5by Ash, 2 years agoWorks excellently. Learning Japanese and the furigana just serves as a distraction now that I know to recognize kanji. Thanks!
P.S. I also like a lot the feature where the furigana appears if you hover on the kanji!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15145588, 3 years agoThis plugin is more of a "Furigana Concealer" or "Furigana Veil".
It does not create furigana for sites (like other add-ons seem to do). A site needs pre-baked Ruby annotations first, and then this plugin can turn those annotations off as needed. Perhaps that needs to be made clearer based on the number of 1 star ratings/reviews.
But for studying Japanese texts that have existing furigana (such as for NHK Easy News https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/easy/), this plugin does the job. Hovering to reveal the furigana works well.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14456912, 3 years agoWorks as stated for websites that already have furigana, but (even more importantly for me) it's compatible with other add-ons that do generate furigana.
I installed the IPA Furigana add-on but didn't like that it could only toggle furigana on/off for the entire page. By combining the two add-ons (IPA Furigana = always on; Furigana Toggle = always on in "hover" mode) I can have furigana appear on any site only when I hover over the kanji.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14154611, 4 years agoTL;DR: Simply Works.
I know it worked at some point on my Desktop, but I couldn't get it to work on my Android (OnePlus 3). Neither NHK News Easy nor Matcha.
EDIT: After just a few hours after my review the problem was fixed. Thanks Darren! Great Job!
Developer responseposted 4 years agoHello, thank you for letting me know Furigana Toggle wasn't working on mobile. I've had a look into the problem and it now works for me on mobile on both NHK News Easy and Matcha. Please install and try the new version - 1.2.3 :)
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 5926074, 5 years ago55.0.3で全く反応しない。
Developer responseposted 5 years ago私にとっては55.0.3で反応します。どのページに反応しませんか？
It works on 55.0.3 for me. Which page is it not working on?
It should work on these pages:
Could you please let me know which site it doesn't work on? I will look into it. Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com
Resolved via email - Extension was working as designed. Misunderstanding of the fact that the extension can only hide furigana, not add it to websites which don't have it.