- Rated 4 out of 5by Thomas Leon Highbaugh, 6 months agoMuch better icon now, that was a big plus.
I keep this extensions around because it enables some tab related actions that are useful even though its got others that are disjointed and I may well pull out works and dump them in my own because I would like to go Unix Philosophy mode on my firefox extensions (or dump them in userChrome.js files to really strip out the unneeded headaches) which means I would prefer extensions that do one thing and do it well over an octopus like this particular extension.
Nonetheless, other than the God Awful theme the extensions menu and popup have, hence the reduced star its that terrible, I have no issue with it and it does all the things it claims to do and does them relatively well.
Its also weird that this extension alone allows the modification of its context menu without me diving into the `.jsm` and userChrome.js, that should be made into a standard feature for extensions with a lot of nested functionality in my humble opinion.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Leonardo, a year agoThe only problem i found is in configuration: My Time Zone is Brasília/São Paulo and our GMT is -03:00, Please correct this.
The TZ in this GMT -02:00 is due to daylight savings time, already abolished.
The correct is GMT -03:00.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 16995833, a year agoIt works. But you really shoud write better instuctions... e.g. at the first time I didn't know that I have to right-click on the tab to find the context menu.
And you could add options for creating PDFs, and (after saving a PDF) you could add a quick link "open PDF" and/or "open file directory" in the pop-up.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Kliff, a year agoSorting tabs, by URL/Title etc, doesnt seem to work when opening a private browsing window. Addon seems otherwise perfect and really useful.
Outside of that, the only feature this doesnt have that would be nice is the ability to unload tabs similar to how it can reload a tab or reload tabs to the left/right.
- Rated 4 out of 5by NetworkViking, 2 years agoI rate it for what it is. It's a very full-featured extension and the configuration menu is far cleaner than that of most available extensions. HOWEVER...
For all that it does; there is yet one major, obvious function missing. The very function that I was looking for.
Please add a function to reload all tabs on a PER-WINDOW basis. ;)
Otherwise? Well done.
UPDATE: I just realized that the function "FoxyTab > Reload > ⇄ All" does, in fact, reload all of the tabs in the focused window.
So what we need is a "Reload ALL tabs" function to reload ALL tabs in ALL windows. ;)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Derpy, 2 years agoModern browser always open links in Bookmarks in the same tab. Though I can right-click a link and open a bookmark link in a new tab, I so want the function where simply left-clicking a link in your bookmarks opens said link in a NEW tab automatically. Am I missing a setting or is this just not available? Thanks.
- Rated 4 out of 5by bluesun, 3 years agoGreat extension. Needs 2 features found on Firefox v56 and before, though. You can use Waterfox with the Classic Theme Restorer to get these features, but they have regrettably disappeared in FF v57 and above. Waterfox is from the mozilla version 56 code base and still supports virtually all of the legacy extensions, but is starting to get a bit too bloaty and, even with no add-ons loaded, has memory leaks that can bring it up well over 2 GB just sitting open for 24 - 48 hours. Still worth looking into for those who lost add-ons they can't live without since FF re-wrote its engine in version 57. It can also use current FF extensions like FoxyTab, btw. It shares profile information with your current FF & can run concurrently.
1. Ability to locate tabs right above display windows, under the bookmark bar. Infinitely better user-friendly design.
2. Allow for tabs in a designated number of multiple rows instead of extending the tabs off the end of the screen and needing to arrow back and forth to get to unexposed tabs. For those with a number of tabs open at a time, this is the best way to display all tabs without resorting to gimmick.
Those two additions would bring FoxyTabs up to a solid 5 stars and more.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoPlease post the feature requests to the support for further discussion.
Some of the requests (like multiple row tabs etc) are not possible any more in FF57+. Extension do not have the ability to change Firefox UI.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Rainyskyboy, 3 years agoAwosome i would rate 5 stars but 2 issues
1-how can i save mutli-tabs as pdf or desktop shortcut ? select group of tabs while holding "ctrl" not working..it's make the action for 1 tab ..
2-how can i rearrange context menu actions
Developer responseposted 3 years ago1- At the moment, there is no such feature yet. Selected tab feature will be in next next upgrade of FoxyTab.
2- You can rearrange menus them via Options -> Context Menu