- Rated 5 out of 5by icefox, 3 years agoThanks for this useful tool. Works as advertised and I can utilize my vpn subscription more effectively as I have a lot of servers to choose from
- Rated 3 out of 5by Gato_Arcoíris, 3 years agoIt works just fine. It’s just a shame that it doesn’t offer one stable proxy or two for free.
Not everyone wants a proxy for porn or to be an asshole/creep on the Internet. Some of us are escaping governmental censorship and don’t have the means to pay for a premium service.
It’d be nice if proxy services like this one, and protection services like antiviruses, remembered this. Not everyone who doesn’t pay for premium/donate is a cheap douchebag who doesn’t appreciate a service.
- Rated 4 out of 5by 马走日, 3 years agowhy not support PAC, Firefox limitations? Proxy SwitchyOmega is OK.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Dat Guy, 3 years agoThis is BS!! TOTALLY USELESS!!! Not only it doesn't provide a proxy list to choose from, but it doesn't even allow you to import, if you have managed to snug one from somewhere, unless you.. pay?? Really? Who would do this and for what sake?! If one would have to pay at all, rather go for a 'vpn' add-on that's so much easier to use, especially on mobile device.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoYou do not have to pay. You can get proxy servers from many free sources, but since they are free, they are not very reliable and they are generally very slow. I do not provide free proxy lists because they change all the time and their quality is poor.
You can buy proxy servers from many places, not just me, and use them with the FoxyProxy add-on. At the moment, import works with FoxyProxy servers and previous versions of FoxyProxy, but I am working with other proxy vendors to get them added to an import list. However, it requires their cooperation to get it right. Not all vendors respond to me.
Regarding VPN: all firefox add-ons that are called "VPN" use proxy servers behind the scenes. It is just a marketing choice to call it VPN instead of proxy.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Dan, 3 years agoOutstanding. My first time ever using a proxy and foxyproxy made it a breeze. UI is super clean and easy to use. I love the single-click profile switch. Thank you!!! Using for dev with Charles Proxy, Linux Mint 19.3 xfce
- Rated 5 out of 5by Denis, 3 years agoVery good add-on. It supports multiple proxies, it is very configurable and it works very nice /w Burp Suite!
- Rated 5 out of 5by theobromix, 3 years agoFabulous add-on. Used it for many years and it is still one of my favorites. It always works.
One enhancement to consider: associate a profile with a container. That would be really cool.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15285416, 3 years agotoo many doubtful permissions