To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Lets you replace text in web pages. You can define a substitution list and apply it automatically or at your own discretion, or make individual substitutions. You can use this as a filter, or just for fun :)
About this Add-on
You can do individual substitutions or define a list of substitutions to apply all at once. You can define substitution lists that apply only to pages that match an URL. You also have the option to apply the substitution list automatically whenever a page is loaded.
If you need usage instructions, you can find them at Tools -> FoxReplace -> Help or Firefox menu -> Replace... -> Help (once the extension has been installed).
Available locales: ar, ast-ES, ca, da, en-US, es-MX, fr, ko-KR, lt, nl, pl, pt-BR, ro-RO, ru-RU, sr, sv-SE, zh-CN, zh-TW.
Possible future features: RegExp editor, undo, automatic substitutions on AJAX pages, etc. These are ideas, but it doesn't mean that all of them can be implemented.
- Automatic substitutions don't work with AJAX (Gmail, etc.).
- Fixed issue with the auto-replace on load option on the toolbar button menu showing incorrect values in some cases (issue 142).
- Fixed bug where the substitution group editor ok button failed when not all the URLs were visible (issue 139).
- Updated toolbar icons for Australis.
- Moved toolbar close button to the right to match newer Firefox versions.
- Unconfirmed changes (i.e. additions or editions) in substitution groups are automatically confirmed when pressing the dialog OK button (issue 125).
- The replace bar is hidden when the ESC key is pressed (issue 107).
- Pressing the return key when focus is in one of the text fields applies the replace bar substitution (issue 107).
- New option to periodically apply the substitution list (issue 129). This allows to overcome the limitation with dynamic content in some cases.
- Updated shortcuts in the options dialog (issue 108).
- Compatibility with Firefox up to 33.0.
- New locale:
- ast-ES (by firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above. Install development version
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla and can't be installed on release versions of Firefox.
- Version 0.17.0b3: