To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
You can do individual substitutions or define a list of substitutions to apply all at once. You can define substitution lists that apply only to pages that match an URL. You also have the option to apply the substitution list automatically whenever a page is loaded.
If you need usage instructions, you can find them at Tools -> FoxReplace -> Help or Firefox menu -> Replace... -> Help (once the extension has been installed).
Possible future features: RegExp editor, undo, automatic substitutions on AJAX pages, etc. These are ideas, but it doesn't mean that all of them can be implemented.
- Automatic substitutions don't work with AJAX (Gmail, etc.).
- Corrected a wrong string.
- Added a warning about potential security and privacy issues when using subscription.
- Fixed another bug in v1.1.0 in which the replace bar didn't follow current preferences.
- Fixed a bug introduced in v1.1.0 in which the input type was not properly saved.
- Compatibility with Firefox 55 and 56.
- Substitutions are applied when the main page has loaded, without waiting for other resources.
- Substitutions list and preferences saved in the embedded WebExtension's local storage.
- Options page moved to the embedded WebExtension.
- Subscription and periodic replace functions also moved to the embedded WebExtension.
- Toolbar button also moved to the embedded WebExtension.
- Fixed some errors in initialization.
- Changed the shortcut to apply the substitution list to Ctrl+F9 because Shift+F9 is now used by Firefox.
- Compatibility with Firefox 55.0 and later.
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 0.17.0b3