- by David, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5What an awesome extension. I was looking for something to manage a few custom userscripts and this is the best option right here. Lightweight, smooth, and reliable. Thanks for spending the time and energy developing this. I appreciate it.
- by IvoryJam, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5Fantastic, no longer do you have to add Sylish and ViolentMonkey to your browser, then worry about security.
The extension is security aware and transparent, active developer (!!!), and easy to write in.
- by Firefox user 15311851, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5First time I create an account to write a review.
PLEASE, don't turn FireMonkey into VM or GM, we got those already.
Keep it simple AND SMALL, or provide a slim version.
Many addons started small then turned fat then died (at least for me).
All because users pressure coders to add more and more.
You can only trust code that you can read.
I only run one important user script, but it makes all the difference in the world.
- by Firefox user 13707739, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5At GitHub I already expressed my gratitude to the Dev @erosman, so my review below is for potential new FireMonkey' users.
It is an add-on for smart users!
FireMonkey easily replaces several other add-ons, using just 20% of the resources (RAM, CPU etc). The improvements in browser performance, security and privacy are visible.
In addition, FireMonkey is the only add-on (in its class) really Open Source, with the express commitment of the Dev not to invade privacy.
Another advantage is that FireMonkey uses the latest newest API.
Those users who don't care about performance, security, privacy, etc., and want lights, garlands, colors, glitter and fancy stuff ... FireMonkey may not be for them.
Some of the other similar add-ons have many automated functions, while in FireMonkey some are manual. At first I felt intimidated. But in less than 2 days of use, without problems I got used to everything. Today with few days of use, it seems like I have FireMonkey for years. I had practically no problems in the transition and migration of all my other add-ons/scripts (CSS & JS).
FireMonkey is a minimalist add-on, but totally powerful. Virtually any difficulty in the transition of other add-ons can be solved in FireMonkey (or at least almost solved). By the way, every excellent add-on requires a small investment of time at the beginning. But it's just a one-time-task/job.
The Dev (@erosman) is very responsive, and replies very promptly at GitHub. The few problems I found, the Dev solved them on the same day.
FireMonkey is not perfect, and it will undoubtedly have a path of evolution. But today, I can't imagine going back to use all the add-ons FireMonkey replaced.
Do you have doubts? Fears? Take a simple test!... it'll be difficult to repent.
Here I am giving 5 stars because it is the maximum, but FireMonkey deserves all the possible stars.
Attached a review from GHacks: https://www.ghacks.net/2019/09/10/firemonkey-uses-firefoxs-official-api-for-userscripts-and-userstyles/
- by puckface, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5excellent. replaced both violerntmonkey and stylus for me, even imported my configs from those. only negative is the highly annoying animations/transitions in the settings of this extensions, but i can live with that as i dont plan on going into the settings very often
edit: i now found out that it takes like a second for it to change website fonts i have changed in fire monkey - this doesent occur with stylus. this is a little drawback. do you think it can be fixed? like i load a site, it loads with its original fonts, a second (or half a second) goes and it changes to the font i specified for this site in firemonkey
Developer responseposted 3 years agoThank you for the feedback. I will adjust the animations.
You need to change the "run-at". By default it injects when everything is fully loaded. Please also post your question to the support site for better discussion.