- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 18038123, a month agoUseless, log-in doesn't work on the app. Tried resetting my password. Just keep getting "Oops. There was a problem."
Developer responseposted a month agoWe're sorry our Cash Back Button isn't working for you. Most issues can be fixed by uninstalling it from Firefox and downloading it from our website here: https://www.rakuten.com/button.htm If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Rated 5 out of 5by nheavenwithu, a month agoI received checks in the mail for shopping all stores and by using Rakuten extension, ty
Developer responseposted a month agoIt's a pretty sweet deal earning that Cash Back and getting those Big Fat Checks in the mail! Thank you for making our extension a handy addition to your online shopping!
- Rated 1 out of 5by raywood , 4 months agoThe extension requires a new sign-in every time you enter a different page on the merchant website. You may have to click dozens of times during a single shopping experience. And then, Rakuten tries to avoid paying. I have had to file separate "Missing Cash Back" claims for almost all of my purchases. I have bothered to do so only for the larger ones. Even then, Rakuten has mostly not paid.
Nice idea. Dishonest implementation.
- Rated 3 out of 5by mira, 7 months agogreat, just have an ISSUE! first, on any site, when i click the 'x' to close the cashback popup, it ALSO clicks whatever is underneath the 'x'. during walmart checkout, the popup came up repeatedly and covered the walmart checkout options. when i closed it, it would close my walmart checkout because walmart's 'x' was in the same place! had to DISABLE the add-on in order to checkout at all!We are sorry you have experienced this issue shopping through Walmart with our Cash Back Button. Please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you out and dig into this issue for you.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Nom à afficher, 7 months agopas moyen d'arrêter les popups!! à moins d'inscrire l'internet au complet dans la liste d'exception!! l'animation de l'icone est suffisante, donnez l'option de désactiver le popup pour tous les sitesCurrently, our Cash Back Button does not offer the ability to turn off the Cash Back reminder on all partnering merchant websites. Our Members can turn off the reminder for specific websites. To do this, click Settings from our extension's menu. This will open up a new tab showing the Settings for our Cash Back Button extension. You can turn on the option "Turn off Cash Back activation reminders for these sites" by moving the slider to the right. Then, click the link embedded in the words "these sites". A new box will appear where you may enter the URL for the specific website you no longer want to pop up to appear. We recommend adding one URL per line. Once done, click "Save". You can then close the Settings tab and resume using Firefox.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17364946, a year agoThe pop-up recommendations for the same product at lower prices are seriously misleading. They're similar at best, and often just completely different products. For example, I was trying to buy an air duster and got recommended a fish tank aerator. If the pop-up at least showed the name of the recommended product, it'd be acceptable. It doesn't though. It only shows the price, and says you can "get this" for cheaper. If you wait, it'll eventually show the actual recommended product but it should show it up front. It should also use a better algorithm for recommendations.
Developer responseposted 10 months agoThank you for this feedback. We rely on our partnered merchants to provide us with the data that is used for this feature. On occasion, this information can be out of sync. Our team is working with our merchants to make this feature more effective for our Members.
Most ad or traffic blocking extensions can be updated to create an exception for Rakuten, while staying active elsewhere. Typically, this can be fixed by visiting our website (Rakuten.com), opening the menu for the ad blocking extension, and updating the setting to allow the extension to trust our website. This should allow our Cash Back Button to work from any of our partnered merchant websites without issue. For more help, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Rated 1 out of 5by spectre, a year agosince last week it has slowed down google search to a crawl. even scrolling down in google is affected. even typing a search when you are already in google lags. disabling the extension fixes this immediately. must be a bad update. i will fix the 1 star review if this is fixed soonOur Cash Back Button no longer integrates with Google searches. It shouldn't cause any lags or reduce the speed of any searches. We recommend removing our extension and reinstalling it from our website here: Rakuten.com/button.htm If you still notice the lag and slow down after the fresh installation, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can dig into this issue for you.
- Rated 1 out of 5by BossBully80, 2 years agoI found a sale on a supplement I've been looking for that's been aout of stock a good bit lately. The supplement is NAC (N-Acetylcysteine) and it was $17 and some change where it's normally $25. That's a big savings when you have children! Anyway, I forgot this flipping thing was on my browser and when I went to purchase, the page refreshed and I was getting charged 23.17 a bottle! I asked the customer service what the heck was happening and they suggested I try to turn off this app. The price dropped to 19 and some change but that was NOT the original discount. I WILL be writing a serious complaint tomorrow because that pitiful little cash back in whatever 'credits' to jack me around like that is BS. I believe it is probably bordering on illegal!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Jerry, 2 years agoSHITTY APP. I DON'T WANT POPUP TO EVERY SITES I VISITED. STOP BUGGING ME. I JUST WANT IT TO RUN ON EBAY.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoOur Cash Back Button extension is designed to pop up and remind our Members of the Cash Back offer available when they visit a partnering merchant's website. There currently isn't any way to directly update the settings for the extension to only pop up the notification for one merchant. You can go into the settings for the extension and add websites where you don't want the Cash Back Button notification to appear to the "Hide activation reminders on these sites" list. You can also uninstall the extension and shop directly through our website, Rakuten.com, or through our mobile app on Android phones, iPhones, and iPads.
- Rated 1 out of 5by boggle, 2 years agoWill not pay out cash back on large purchases. Bought a Lenovo laptop with 8% cash back, Rakuten tracked the purchase successfully but dragged their feet for over a month before telling me they couldn't issue the cashback with a slew of reasons why it could have failed. If you don't get the cash back credited right away, you can bet you'll never see it. Worse than a mail-in-rebate, Rakuten is a glorified SCAM. Just look how fake review-bombed this plugin is.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoWe are sorry you have had this experience with us. We sometimes reach out to the merchant directly to verify and order's eligibility for Cash Back. Every one of our partnered merchants has its own Cash Back Terms that may exclude certain items, departments, coupons used, or other things from earning Cash Back. A little review goes a long way to helping our Members rack it up consistently with Rakuten.