- Rated 2 out of 5by Macrus, 25 days agoWhen it works correctly it's fine. However it has two very annoying features, both of which could be solved by just giving us the option for which kind of notifications to allow.
1. When I'm shopping on a site that does not have cash back through rakuten, it gives a popup saying that. I don't want negative advertising against a site that I'm already shopping at. I'm never going to choose Rakuten over Chewy or REI. Those notifications just come across as petty and dumb.
2. EVERY TIME I get a notification that the same item is cheaper on another site, the item it takes me to is not actually the same. Just wildly different items that it seems to think are the same thing, so naturally the prices are going to be different.
Developer responseposted 23 days agoThank you so much for this feedback. We pop up reminders on websites like Chewy and others that don't currently partner with us to suggest similar merchants that currently offer Cash Back. For the item suggestion feature, the data provided to us by the stores can occasionally get out of sync. We rely on our partnered merchants to provide the most current pricing and product information for the item suggestion feature of our Cash Back Button extension. We'll work to improve both of these features in future updates and releases to our Cash Back Button extension.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 18038123, 6 months agoUseless, log-in doesn't work on the app. Tried resetting my password. Just keep getting "Oops. There was a problem."
Developer responseposted 6 months agoWe're sorry our Cash Back Button isn't working for you. Most issues can be fixed by uninstalling it from Firefox and downloading it from our website here: https://www.rakuten.com/button.htm If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rated 5 out of 5by nheavenwithu, 6 months agoI received checks in the mail for shopping all stores and by using Rakuten extension, ty
Developer responseposted 6 months agoIt's a pretty sweet deal earning that Cash Back and getting those Big Fat Checks in the mail! Thank you for making our extension a handy addition to your online shopping!
- Rated 1 out of 5by raywood , 9 months agoThe extension requires a new sign-in every time you enter a different page on the merchant website. You may have to click dozens of times during a single shopping experience. And then, Rakuten tries to avoid paying. I have had to file separate "Missing Cash Back" claims for almost all of my purchases. I have bothered to do so only for the larger ones. Even then, Rakuten has mostly not paid.
Nice idea. Dishonest implementation.
Developer responseposted 4 days agoWe sometimes see issus like this when our Members have ad or internet traffic blocking software or services at the browser, computer, or network/router level. This might even be caused by an issue with the installation of our Cash Back Button extension itself. Our team can absolutely help get you back up and running! Please reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Rated 3 out of 5by mira, a year agogreat, just have an ISSUE! first, on any site, when i click the 'x' to close the cashback popup, it ALSO clicks whatever is underneath the 'x'. during walmart checkout, the popup came up repeatedly and covered the walmart checkout options. when i closed it, it would close my walmart checkout because walmart's 'x' was in the same place! had to DISABLE the add-on in order to checkout at all!We are sorry you have experienced this issue shopping through Walmart with our Cash Back Button. Please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you out and dig into this issue for you.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Nom à afficher, a year agopas moyen d'arrêter les popups!! à moins d'inscrire l'internet au complet dans la liste d'exception!! l'animation de l'icone est suffisante, donnez l'option de désactiver le popup pour tous les sitesCurrently, our Cash Back Button does not offer the ability to turn off the Cash Back reminder on all partnering merchant websites. Our Members can turn off the reminder for specific websites. To do this, click Settings from our extension's menu. This will open up a new tab showing the Settings for our Cash Back Button extension. You can turn on the option "Turn off Cash Back activation reminders for these sites" by moving the slider to the right. Then, click the link embedded in the words "these sites". A new box will appear where you may enter the URL for the specific website you no longer want to pop up to appear. We recommend adding one URL per line. Once done, click "Save". You can then close the Settings tab and resume using Firefox.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17364946, a year agoThe pop-up recommendations for the same product at lower prices are seriously misleading. They're similar at best, and often just completely different products. For example, I was trying to buy an air duster and got recommended a fish tank aerator. If the pop-up at least showed the name of the recommended product, it'd be acceptable. It doesn't though. It only shows the price, and says you can "get this" for cheaper. If you wait, it'll eventually show the actual recommended product but it should show it up front. It should also use a better algorithm for recommendations.Thank you for this feedback. We rely on our partnered merchants to provide us with the data that is used for this feature. On occasion, this information can be out of sync. Our team is working with our merchants to make this feature more effective for our Members.
- Rated 1 out of 5by PoopSmeller, 2 years agoComplete garbage extension and service. Unlike other services that do the same exact thing, Rakuten requires you to leave your PC completely vulnerable to ad tracking software with their ridiculous anti-adblock requirements. If you don't care about your privacy and getting your data collected by big tech, go ahead and get this addon. Otherwise, look somewhere else
Most ad or traffic blocking extensions can be updated to create an exception for Rakuten, while staying active elsewhere. Typically, this can be fixed by visiting our website (Rakuten.com), opening the menu for the ad blocking extension, and updating the setting to allow the extension to trust our website. This should allow our Cash Back Button to work from any of our partnered merchant websites without issue. For more help, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Rated 1 out of 5by spectre, 2 years agosince last week it has slowed down google search to a crawl. even scrolling down in google is affected. even typing a search when you are already in google lags. disabling the extension fixes this immediately. must be a bad update. i will fix the 1 star review if this is fixed soon
Developer responseposted 2 years agoOur Cash Back Button no longer integrates with Google searches. It shouldn't cause any lags or reduce the speed of any searches. We recommend removing our extension and reinstalling it from our website here: Rakuten.com/button.htm If you still notice the lag and slow down after the fresh installation, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can dig into this issue for you.