Review by Firefox user 17164586
- Rated 1 out of 5by LordFool, 2 months agoIt keeps closing som4 local tabs on my network, basic local IPs. Nope.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17735753, 3 months agoI tried a duplicate tabs extension that was way simpler than this that I liked at first. It could close duplicate tabs automatically in the background without interruptions, but it stopped working at some point. I tried this one next and it seems to be very robust. I wasn't sure that I needed all the bells and whistles at first but they have turned out to be quite useful after all, such as the URL format filters and the whitelist.
If I could add a suggestion, it would be super helpful to be able to whitelist a new tab. Not sure if this is possible. I tried entering a pair of empty double quotes into the whitelist field "" to see if that would work since I noticed that wildcards are also supported. Kind of a hackerly solution but I took a swing at it. Still closes them though. 😛
- Rated 2 out of 5by VS, 6 months agoSo, this appears to promise automatic and manual resolution - perfect! Reality? You have to fight against this as soon as you don't do what it wants.
The most hilarious part is the manual deduplication. As the other person below notes, the "close all" button really closes all - it does NOT deduplicate your open tabs. That is to say, for 4 duplicated tabs, you get 0, not 1. So, not deduplication. It really is "close all", not "resolve all". In most cases you don't want to press it, ever.
If you want to resolve manually... Well, you get only a tiny bit of space for the list of all duplicates. You have to unpin the settings and collapse, exactly what you thought. Oh, did you think opening the settings in a tab will help, because it will scroll unlike the tiny popup, so you'd get a long list? Nope! Well, then, you finally collapse the settings, clicking left and right. And finally you can see it well - a list of tab names with [x], you click the [x], and... nothing happens! That's right, you have to refresh the whole settings tab to see the list updated. And did you think the list will be the same? Nooo, it is sorted, so as soon as you close one dupe and refresh, the list is in completely different order.
So, what did I expect? Lots more space for the duplicate list. Also, updating it in real time as you close the tabs, so I could just click over on the first item and as it closes, more shuffle back into the position, and of course when the last one remains, it is not a dupe anymore so it goes off the list. I also expected the close all button to do that dance for me.
As to the automatic resolution, that is also a bit weird. When you open all links in new tabs, then it probably works. But if you click a link to open in the current tab and it suddenly disappears, that's not exactly what I expected.
I'm really disappointed. But it does not even look like there are other addons that could do the job instead.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17422434, 10 months agoHours gone to waste because of this piece of crap. Instead of closing just duplicates, it closed all tabs that I had 2 or more of open. So for example, I had two copies of a tab. It closed them both. Ctrl-shift-T only goes back so far. I'm going to have to start all the way back at the beginning now. I can't even express my rage at this useless extension. I completely regret I ever got it.
- Rated 3 out of 5by jesus2099, a year agoIt's super great but I have an issue now on Linux Firefox 91. Duplicate Tabs requires Containers, that I deactivate. Containers, when activated for Duplicate Tabs, hinder my right-click, C keyboard shortcut to quickly copy URL of a link, which I need every 5 minutes. I had to deactivate this extension, sadly...
- Rated 5 out of 5by Makoto, 2 years agoThis is exactly what I want!
Request: I want a switch to temporarily disable this from toolbar.
- Rated 5 out of 5by BlackWinny, 2 years agoAbsolutely excellent. 10/10. Just a little request: it would be nice not to include the tabs "New tab" in the list.
- Rated 5 out of 5by xenoterracide, 2 years agoI seriously can't believe this isn't part of those other tab management plugins.