Reviews for Diigo Web Collector - Capture and Annotate
Diigo Web Collector - Capture and Annotate by Diigo Inc.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13087895, 3 years agoThis is the best thing after del.icious gone wrong. A very good bookmark organizer. I wish they had a backup feature where you could export all the bookmarks in html. I miss it a lot.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Quipyowert, 4 years agoWorks great except the capture button gets in the way of pausing a podcast or changing the video speed with Video Speed Controller.
- Rated 4 out of 5by emoticonspicuous, 4 years agoHas an annoying CTRL-SHIFT-V shortcut that gets in the way of posting content without formatting. I'd say this is a poorly planned shortcut key-combination. I could not find an option to disable or change this shortcut, so I had to uninstall the otherwise good add-on.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13691862, 5 years agoAll I've really used is the highlighting - it's so helpful to be able to highlight parts of a long page so I can get back to them quickly.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Irwan, 5 years agoIt "was" a very good one. No other like this.
Now I wonder where the sticky note feature is.
- Rated 4 out of 5by llamerr, 5 years agoUpdated:
With next update which I manually installed because old Firefox wasn't updating plugins anymore, new setting appeared that allowed me to disable those video annotations. So now I can give it 4 stars. It still have toolbar removed and now to add bookmark I need to click too many times to go through all those steps you was able to skip previously, but it's not that big of a problem.
Give you 5 stars? Hell no. I don't care about your annotations and you still showing me that Capture icon on youtube player, and there is no option to remove that damn button. And yes, I disabled everything else related to annotation in settings, but I still see that annoying button.
Developer responseposted 5 years agoPlease make sure your extension is up to date and deselect the "Show Capture button when cursor enters a video window" checkbox. Thanks.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Harryi3t, 5 years agoI have been using Diigo for a long time. This has been very useful. I don't have to re read the document again when I come back to it.
Please add a menu option to open the otherwise impossible (using mouse) "Annotation Toolbar"
For a long time my workaround was to do a dummy highlight, that would trigger the toolbar to show up and then I would delete the dummy highlight.
Now I know there is a keyboard shortcut for it "ctrl+alt+a" but for a new user or even an old user who has forgotten it, this becomes so much difficult. Now I have also learnt that in the options settings, one can set it to open the toolbar by default and I think this setting should be enabled by default.
Anyway adding this option to the toolbar should only help and not cause any issue.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Bernd, 5 years agoUsing it for all my Bookmark and Todo-Reads. Also works on my iPad.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Jaykul, 6 years agoI'm so glad the extension's been updated, but I really miss the bookmarks sidebar, and I wish the new annotation sidebar was integrated with the browser sidebars
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 12142715, 6 years agoThings like ESC to quit the diigo popup, ENTER to save directly.
- Rated 4 out of 5by daniboi, 6 years agoGood extension, but comment logo on Youtube is annoying. Wish it could be set (fixed) to a different place.