- by endby, 6 months agoRated 3 out of 5I used this for over a year and suddenly, it doesn't work properly any more. It was really nice to use and I liked using it even when writing during the day. But, now only the ribbon and the page will be dark, the background around the actual document is still white, so it is still too bright and is now useless. I have uninstalled other extensions to see if that was causing issues, I tried removing and re-adding this extension and it never fixed it. Shame, I liked it better than other dark mode extensions, but now it's too broken for me to use.
- by Kresimir, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Looks good for basic editing, but many things need polishing:
- highlighted text only has thin blue lines above and below. I suspect this is not intentional, just a boxing artefact
- when suggesting changes, suggestins are completely invisible while being edited
- menus are still white
- turning light mode back on doesn't restore the original css and many things look out of place. E.g. comment boxes still have a grey background
- by Parboleum Loyce, a year agoRated 3 out of 5As many others have said, it kind of screws with the backgrounds of icons and the document name is strange, but it does give a dark mode, so I plan to use it nonetheless. Improvements would be appreciated!
- by JL, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5The cursor becomes invisible and G Docs becomes unusable when you switch to light mode. I switch back and forth depending on my needs.
Also the editor icons are unclear when in dark mode.
Otherwise good job, the extension is appreciated.
- by Puntherline, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5It does sort of work, however some icons become very hard to see so I'd love it if they could be made a little bit brighter. Support for Google Spreadsheets would be phenomenal since right now it doesn't make the row/column selection darker as well as the little field above it where you can see exact functions when clicking on any cell.