- by Firefox user 15469760, a month agoRated 5 out of 5Thanks for perfect Addon! I found one problem while using it: on site www.dennikn.sk it uses automaticly dennikn shortener, not bit.ly (or others selected), even if Use special URL formats is unchecked. It's possible that it is fault of www.dennikn.sk, because on youtube it works (generates bitly). Thanks for great addon again.
- by KVAnton, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5firefox freezes completely while waiting for a link (linux)
Developer responseposted 2 months agoThank you for your feedback can you file an issue on GitHub about this? There could be something wrong with your setup or the website you're on and a one star review is not the right place for a support request. Thanks!
- by Shudushi, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5Copy ShortURL is an excellent AddOn, exept on this URL:
Neither shortening with Copy ShortURL and tinyurl, nor bit.ly is working correctly, but copy the url and paste on bit.ly website is working fine.
UPDATE after developer feedback:
Shortened URL by Copy ShortURL (https://is.gd/eeQmwt) redirects to the right website (geizhals.at), but all the filters of the original URL are missing. Issue on github reported.
So it seems to me, that's something with Firefox and Copy ShortURL.
Maybe its possible for you to fix this.
- by GG, a year agoRated 3 out of 5I been using this extension for sometime now with no problems. Not until the recent upgrade reason for 3-stars. After upgrade it didn't work at all, forcing me to use something else which is overkill for what I need. Anyway, I finally reverted back to the previous version. Wish I didn't have to. Using FF 62.0
- by Firefox user 14682106, a year agoRated 4 out of 5It worked well. But in Firefox 70.0.1 (x64) the problems are the same as bethel95 described: "URL is never copied into the paste buffer". On any sites. With any service. When bit.ly is selected: "No API key in preferences".
- by Raindog, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Thank you for this add-on, it saves me a lot of time!
I think I've found a bug: in the add-on settings, the checkbox to keep/remove the ?utm parameters is not behaving as it should. Though I unticked that option (https://i.imgur.com/nqIR24h.png) and then clicked on "save", it's still removing the parameters anyway. This was already happening before the last update.
When I shorten the same URL directly in is.gd, the parameters are kept, so I know the problem is not there.Thanks! I'll take a look!
I can confirm this and will follow up and fix it here: https://github.com/fwenzel/copy-shorturl/issues/98
[update] it is fixed in version 5.0.1!
- by Lahtag, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is a very good extension, I like it. Sometimes it did not short URL correctly example:
Short Url: https://wp.me/p8SzfS-ydO
Short Url: https://ricochet.com/?p=612544
Is there a way to correct this.
Thank you so much It is now perfect 100% by changing the setting you mentioned to 1
Thank you Once again
All The best!
- by Firefox user 14593111, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I like this addon but I miss one feature (for my workflow). I would like the option to simply copy the URL and no shortening taking place. (I need to paste it to another application. Some sites the short url fail and I suspect it might be an error on behalf of the webmaster but it disturbs my workflow anyway).
Edit: setting shortening service to none does not work since the shortening embedded in the HTML is still used. Many websites I have seen uses an invalid shortened url in their HTML.