Rated 4.6 out of 5
4.6 Stars out of 5
- by GG, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5I been using this extension for sometime now with no problems. Not until the recent upgrade reason for 3-stars. After upgrade it didn't work at all, forcing me to use something else which is overkill for what I need. Anyway, I finally reverted back to the previous version. Wish I didn't have to. Using FF 62.0
- by Firefox user 14682106, 7 months agoRated 4 out of 5It worked well. But in Firefox 70.0.1 (x64) the problems are the same as bethel95 described: "URL is never copied into the paste buffer". On any sites. With any service. When bit.ly is selected: "No API key in preferences".
- by bethel95, 8 months agoRated 1 out of 5No matter how many times I try installing Copy ShortURL, the shortened URL is never copied into the paste buffer (and yes, I do get the pop-up saying that it has been, but pasting simply pastes the previous text, not a new short URL).
- by Raindog, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Thank you for this add-on, it saves me a lot of time!
I think I've found a bug: in the add-on settings, the checkbox to keep/remove the ?utm parameters is not behaving as it should. Though I unticked that option (https://i.imgur.com/nqIR24h.png) and then clicked on "save", it's still removing the parameters anyway. This was already happening before the last update.
When I shorten the same URL directly in is.gd, the parameters are kept, so I know the problem is not there.Thanks! I'll take a look!
I can confirm this and will follow up and fix it here: https://github.com/fwenzel/copy-shorturl/issues/98
[update] it is fixed in version 5.0.1!
- by Lahtag, a year agoRated 5 out of 5This is a very good extension, I like it. Sometimes it did not short URL correctly example:
Short Url: https://wp.me/p8SzfS-ydO
Short Url: https://ricochet.com/?p=612544
Is there a way to correct this.
Thank you so much It is now perfect 100% by changing the setting you mentioned to 1
Thank you Once again
All The best!
- by Firefox user 14593111, a year agoRated 4 out of 5I like this addon but I miss one feature (for my workflow). I would like the option to simply copy the URL and no shortening taking place. (I need to paste it to another application. Some sites the short url fail and I suspect it might be an error on behalf of the webmaster but it disturbs my workflow anyway).
Edit: setting shortening service to none does not work since the shortening embedded in the HTML is still used. Many websites I have seen uses an invalid shortened url in their HTML.
- by StickGrinder, a year agoRated 4 out of 5This extension works really great and have a good deal of options and customization to match almost all use cases.
The missing star comes from a little UX annoyance. I admit it may stem from my former experience with another wonderful extension that didn't pass the infamous webextension flood.
Anyway, I'd like to be able to bring the extension icon in the address bar, namely where the bookmark, save to pocket and "more actions" icons are.
Really useful in my opinion. Plus I don't like the colored ruler icon at all. A less contrasted icon that can blend with the rest of the interface a bit more would be really appreciated, at least as an option.
Despite this, a really good extension that deserves a lot of kudos!These are good suggestions! I am not sure if there is an API for an extension to show up in the address bar, but I'll look. I filed: https://github.com/fwenzel/copy-shorturl/issues/92