- Rated 4 out of 5It worked well. But in Firefox 70.0.1 (x64) the problems are the same as bethel95 described: "URL is never copied into the paste buffer". On any sites. With any service. When bit.ly is selected: "No API key in preferences".
- Rated 1 out of 5No matter how many times I try installing Copy ShortURL, the shortened URL is never copied into the paste buffer (and yes, I do get the pop-up saying that it has been, but pasting simply pastes the previous text, not a new short URL).
- Rated 5 out of 5No longer worked so I removed it from FireFox...next day when I reinstalled it again started to work normally. Thanks a lot.
- Rated 5 out of 5works good
- Rated 4 out of 5Thank you for this add-on, it saves me a lot of time!
I think I've found a bug: in the add-on settings, the checkbox to keep/remove the ?utm parameters is not behaving as it should. Though I unticked that option (https://i.imgur.com/nqIR24h.png) and then clicked on "save", it's still removing the parameters anyway. This was already happening before the last update.
When I shorten the same URL directly in is.gd, the parameters are kept, so I know the problem is not there.
Developer responseposted 6 months agoThanks! I'll take a look!
I can confirm this and will follow up and fix it here: https://github.com/fwenzel/copy-shorturl/issues/98
[update] it is fixed in version 5.0.1!
- Rated 5 out of 5This is a very good extension, I like it. Sometimes it did not short URL correctly example:
Short Url: https://wp.me/p8SzfS-ydO
Short Url: https://ricochet.com/?p=612544
Is there a way to correct this.
Thank you so much It is now perfect 100% by changing the setting you mentioned to 1
Thank you Once again
All The best!
- Rated 4 out of 5I like this addon but I miss one feature (for my workflow). I would like the option to simply copy the URL and no shortening taking place. (I need to paste it to another application. Some sites the short url fail and I suspect it might be an error on behalf of the webmaster but it disturbs my workflow anyway).
Edit: setting shortening service to none does not work since the shortening embedded in the HTML is still used. Many websites I have seen uses an invalid shortened url in their HTML.
- Rated 4 out of 5This extension works really great and have a good deal of options and customization to match almost all use cases.
The missing star comes from a little UX annoyance. I admit it may stem from my former experience with another wonderful extension that didn't pass the infamous webextension flood.
Anyway, I'd like to be able to bring the extension icon in the address bar, namely where the bookmark, save to pocket and "more actions" icons are.
Really useful in my opinion. Plus I don't like the colored ruler icon at all. A less contrasted icon that can blend with the rest of the interface a bit more would be really appreciated, at least as an option.
Despite this, a really good extension that deserves a lot of kudos!These are good suggestions! I am not sure if there is an API for an extension to show up in the address bar, but I'll look. I filed: https://github.com/fwenzel/copy-shorturl/issues/92
- Rated 5 out of 5Excellent! Love the options and super love making the notification optional. Too many people don't do that.
- Rated 4 out of 5Really very nice. Moving computers I just found out that most url shorteners won't work in Quantum. One thing, goo.gl never works, throwing up an error.
Yes I did paste an api, still throws up an error.
Developer responseposted a year agoThank you! It seems Google's URL shortener service was discontinued.
I filed: https://github.com/fwenzel/copy-shorturl/issues/93
- Rated 3 out of 5Too bad it does not work on the Android app.
Pena não funcionar no app para Android.