- by denb10, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5Clippings is a very useful extension that works great.
However, I have two negative reviews (that earn it one star less):
1. The choices offered for the predefined "Formatted Date" placeholder are for English speakers only, they are not localized. This is a shame.
2. The setup of the sync clippings helper app requires administrator rights and the synchronization can only be activated by the user who installed the program. As a result, a standard user (who does not have administrator privileges) cannot synchronize his clippings. This is annoying.
Would it be possible to solve these two problems? Thank you!
- by ethos, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5This is a very helpful addon. But it currently requires a standalone tool to realize syncing. Could firefox's built-in sync function be utilized? Thank you !
Developer responseposted 9 months agoFirefox Sync doesn't have the ability to sync with Thunderbird. If you want to synchronize your clippings with Thunderbird or other Firefox installations, install the Sync Clippings Helper App: https://aecreations.sourceforge.io/clippings/sync.php
- by Thomas, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Very unique and useful addon. But I have to say, what the heck is up with ALL of those permissions.. wow.All those permissions are needed for Clippings to function. Go to the following page to learn more about the meaning of those permissions, and why they are needed: http://aecreations.sourceforge.net/clippings/permissions.php
- by Dogger, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5It's a very useful addon, but three problems limit its utility once you have a large number of entries.
1. You can't sort or rearrange items,
2. It has a search window in Organize mode, but you can't search when you're trying to Insert.
3. While inserting, you only see the first fragment of an item. You should be able to see the whole thing when you hover your cursor over it.Starting with version 6.1, which was just released, reordering of clippings and folders in Clippings Manager using drag and drop will now be saved, and the ordering will be reflected in the Clippings menu.
- by Firefox user 13843129, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Would it be possible to speed up showing the window when pressing Alt+Shift+Y?
It used to show up almost instantly in previous versions (maybe lower than version 6) and now it takes almost 1-2 seconds to appear and I use the app quite often and all these waits count altogether.
- by mrbunnylamakins, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5I was enjoying Clippings a lot and was using it the other day till today, when it gave me the message " Clippings won't work in Private Browsing mode, or if the browser privacy settings are too restrictive. Your clippings will not be accessible, and new clippings cannot be created." I have Not changed anything. And why did a page open after restarting Firefox with as if reloaded. Plus the Message "database for storing data from your add-ons is not accessible."
- by Firefox user 14209043, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5I use it to fill in notes at work everyday, a huge time saver!!! Only problem is you cannot reorder the clips to your liking, the feature is there but does not save or function. Exporting and importing is somewhat cumbersome too, but other than that it works great thanks!
- by Firefox user 14155623, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5This is a great product. Thanks. When a new Ffox update came, FFox marked this Clippings 6.0.6 as DISABLED. Now, all my content are gone. Any way to retrieve it after the fact and import into the new version? Please help point me how I can export the current contents. FFox verion is, FFox Quantum 60.1.0esr (32-bit). Thanks.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoI don't see how it's possible that Clippings could get disabled when upgrading Firefox; there is no "maximum" compatible Firefox version set for Clippings 6.0.6. If Clippings is still disabled, try downgrading to your previous version of Firefox (be careful not to choose the option to delete your Firefox profile).
- by TheInvoker, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5This extension stopped working because now it says "clippings doesn't work when the privacy settings in Firefox are too restrictive,such as turning on Private Browsin mode...." But i didn't change anything and Private Browsing is not enabled.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoThe likely cause is that the database that Clippings uses to store its data has become corrupted. Run Firefox Refresh (instructions here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings), then reinstall Clippings.
- by PeaceByJesus.com, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5I have used this a lot with Firefox ESR, and was glad to see that it is been recoded for Quantum. However, I did not install it on Quantum after it warned that this add-on wants my permission to
Access your data for all websites
Download files and read and modify the browsers download history
Access browsing history
Access browser tabs
Store unlimited amount of data client side
A bit much?
- by Firefox user 14014205, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Clippings has been nothing short of a lifesaver at work.
** It would be nice if newly added templates in a folder would remain in the same spot when you close the browser. All new templates default to the end of the folder instead of holding it's place when the browser is closed. ** I hope that this gets fixed soon.