- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13659058, 4 years agoGood job by the developer.
This is nearly what I wanted a dictionary add-on to do, in terms of presentation.
I am specifically using it for English-German, and the word meaning is shown with the gender and plural for nouns.
A few suggestions would greatly improve this add-on:
1. Able to select the text within the pop-up box for further search.
2. Option of choosing the dictionary source.
3. Preference to choose native dictionaries of choice, for example for English - Oxford or for German - Duden.
4. Pop-up box behaviour can be customized by the user.
5. Addition of text to speech feature (OS based or online)
- Rated 3 out of 5by PERCE-NEIGE, 5 years agoNo autodetection of the language, a lot of source languages, but very few target languages. I cannot change the translation direction from the addon window (clicking on the arrow).
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12536339, 6 years agoSorry, gentlemen, the extension doesn't work was my previous message. Now I understood why it didn't: I tried the extension on the wrong page-Firefox's devoted to the extension. On the other one it works as it should, only better--It provides more helpful information than I expected. I definitely will use the extension. Thank you very much, gentlemen.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13648944, 6 years agoJ'avais besoin d'une application comme celle ci après que le module wiktionnary translate ait disparu.
Rien de plus pratique que de double clicker sur un mot pour avoir sa traduction.
Par contre ce serait idéal que le pop up soit simplifier et surtout si on pouvait traduire plusieurs langues en même temps sans avoir a changer les paramètres. Par exemple Anglais, Indonesien, Français.
Bon travail en tout cas. Merci
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13537352, 6 years agoClick Dictionary finds a good translation to Finnish, my mother language. Even a correct answer appears on screen for modes other than infinitive eg.comparative, plueral etc. Recommended.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13567016, 6 years agodouble clicked and now definition shown
Developer responseposted 6 years agoCan you try on wikipedia? Maybe a browser refresh? It has to work. The problem is, some web pages do not allow to detect text selection (Mozilla Addons page for example) but on the big majority of pages, it should work.