- by crump el, a year agoRated 5 out of 5generally great experience.. but BREAKS shopping on amazon: multi item selectors arent actually selecting preventing adding to cart. problems with any item requiring user choices. items without choices can add to cart
- by Max, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Good work! Please add the following rule to your default list, it will help to watch facebook photos on mobile devices normally:
whitelist: fbid refid
- by Firefox user 13418471, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is a great handy add-on! Could you have an option to let user convert obfuscated link in Location bar only?Hi, I'm not sure what you mean. We un-obfuscate links when they are clicked and when they are loaded, but none of those are really aware of the location bar. If you open an issue on https://github.com/Cimbali/CleanLinks/issues we can discuss it and I'll look into it.
- by Vinícius, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5It's a good idea, but it has too much to evolve yet. It blocks too much in too many pages, I would have almost my entire history in the whitelist and therefore the addon would become useless.Hi! If you only care about clicked-llink tracking and not other kind of fishy redirects, you can untick "redirect watcher" and "outgoing HTTP requests" in the addon's preferences.
Then we only clean the redirect links that you click on, and we're pretty accurate on those! Only a few whitelist items are ever needed, and most of them are shipped by default.
Otherwise please report any shortcomings or suggestions at https://github.com/Cimbali/CleanLinks/issues
- by onix, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love this add-on, and I'm glad it's back. It's another further necessary step to prevent tracking, and a must.
However, as of today, I had to disable it. It blocks some of my google / bing searches. Most keywords go through, but for example, if I try to search for 'refine' or 'refinery', the google search comes up blank, as if it searched for nothing at all. Somehow the text is being blocked for the search and so the behavior is the same, whether google, bing, duck-duck, etc. I use UBlock Origin, Skip Redirect, which I thought could be conflicting. They are not. As I went one-by-one to turn them on and off, and I've had no problems with them and have been using them for a long time. I only installed CleanLinks two days, and just now noticed this issue.
I'm using FF 61.0.1 64-bit, Windows 10 Pro.
- by e2li, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5How do I remove a pop in the right corner? Annoying.Hi e2li! We disabled the notification by default now!
If you go to the settings of the addon (Click on the addon button and then Settings, or go to about:addons -> CleanLinks -> Preferences) there is an option "Show notifications for cleaned links" that you can (un)tick.
Thanks for the review enjoy the addon!