- by trim, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Why newer version of this extension need access data on google.com? This prevent me from using and updating to the latest version. Any explanation?
- by Firefox user 13664504, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5I like this addon very much and mainly wanted to report the bugs. The addon makes it easy to get to frequently used bookmarks without cluttering the screen. It's the only thing I see so far that does what I want in Firefox 57. I realize it is still in development, but I have a seen a few issues that could be addressed.
I noticed that sometimes the bookmarks bar fails to hide itself when I click on a tab at the top of the screen, then move the cursor back down to the webpage without clicking a bookmark. It seems to happen most often if I click the tab I'm already on.
When frozen like this, clicking on the webpage hides the bookmarks bar. Maybe there would be a way to make the addon continually click the mouse in a way that only your addon recognizes, or just track the cursor location better.
When using the addon "Stylish" the bookmarks bar background becomes transparent on certain sites with certain styles, reddit.com with the style "Reddit Minimal Dark" for example. The text and icons still show up and work but they are difficult to see. Maybe there is a way to force your addon to take priority of the background color of the bookmark bar over other addons. Some of the other color scheme styles seem to work correctly so maybe this is a low priority issue and just something to think about for the future.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoThanks for the bugs report.
1. My experience trying to duplicate non-hiding bar problem is that it only occurs on the very first tab loaded in the browser: Can you verify this?
2. The transparent background color will be addressed soon.
2018.01.08 - Please check out new version.
- by BringBack CoolPreviews, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5It's getting better. I was also a Roomy Bookmarks user, so it's hard to go backwards, but given the issues with the new environment, this is great to have. I was really lost at first. I really like the new ability to change background color, etc, and change font size. Also, the delay adjustment is great.
If you could now try to remove the "grid", (e.g., allow bookmarks to be closer or farther together, up to a maximum set width); it would save a lot of room, and keep some names from being cut off. I agree with other commenters about wishing for folders and favicons.
Thanks for your work on this!
PS. One other issue I'm having is that the dropdown won't retract, once it's down, even though I have the delay timer set to 25 ms, so it covers the upper portion of my webpage. This is a significant issue.