Rated 3.8 out of 5
3.8 Stars out of 5
- by PaterFrog, 9 months agoRated 3 out of 5A bit unwieldy. Would be much less cluttered if the entries in the dropdown menu were below each other, not in one or more long lines.
Also, the folders should open on mouse-over, not on click (or is that so hard to optimize?).
Generally, good idea, but execution kind of sucks at the moment.^^
- by trim, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Why newer version of this extension need access data on google.com? This prevent me from using and updating to the latest version. Any explanation?
- by Juanka Hula, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Setting a size to the max width of the bookmarks makes the text disappear and only show "..." if the text is longer than the specified pixels long instead of the showing the text up to the length in pixels followed by "..."
Would be nice to be able to set the amount of time that takes for the bookmarks bar to appear.
Would be also nice to have the ability to toggle the bar on and off using a button instead of the mouse position.
- by maverick, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I liked a lot of the idea of having an auto-hide bookmarks bar. I give the addon 5 stars for that.
However, in Firefox's native Bookmarks Toolbar, if you have folders in it, you can press the mouse's middle-button on a folder and it will open all the bookmaks in it at once! (it's like a shortcut for the "Open All in Tabs" option that is shown at the bottom when one left-click's a folder)
The absence of this "shortcut" keeps me from using it! But i'll keep an eye on BookmarksDropDown hoping for this feature.This addon provides the following: Ctrl-Click on a Folder will open all the contained bookmarks, each in a new Tab
UPDATE (2018.01.11) Middle-Click functionality added:
* Folder Middle-Click opens all contained bookmarks.
* Bookmark Middle-Click opens page and keeps menu showing.
Thanks for the suggestions.
- by Firefox user 13664504, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I like this addon very much and mainly wanted to report the bugs. The addon makes it easy to get to frequently used bookmarks without cluttering the screen. It's the only thing I see so far that does what I want in Firefox 57. I realize it is still in development, but I have a seen a few issues that could be addressed.
I noticed that sometimes the bookmarks bar fails to hide itself when I click on a tab at the top of the screen, then move the cursor back down to the webpage without clicking a bookmark. It seems to happen most often if I click the tab I'm already on.
When frozen like this, clicking on the webpage hides the bookmarks bar. Maybe there would be a way to make the addon continually click the mouse in a way that only your addon recognizes, or just track the cursor location better.
When using the addon "Stylish" the bookmarks bar background becomes transparent on certain sites with certain styles, reddit.com with the style "Reddit Minimal Dark" for example. The text and icons still show up and work but they are difficult to see. Maybe there is a way to force your addon to take priority of the background color of the bookmark bar over other addons. Some of the other color scheme styles seem to work correctly so maybe this is a low priority issue and just something to think about for the future.Thanks for the bugs report.
1. My experience trying to duplicate non-hiding bar problem is that it only occurs on the very first tab loaded in the browser: Can you verify this?
2. The transparent background color will be addressed soon.
2018.01.08 - Please check out new version.
- by Firefox user 13576375, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5ne fonctionne pas après différentes mises a jour du module et de Firefox depuis la version 56 de Firefox,cela me donne une barre blanche avec des points et des triangles.
très déçu,une explication peut-être.Firefox version 57 uses only the new "WebExtensions" ecosystem for addons.
There are restrictions: no favicons (thus the points for urls and triangles for folders), doesn't load on many pages (*mozilla*, about:*, etc), no Live Bookmarks.
Have you tried to adjust font / background / background-2 colors in Options?
Are you using a non-default theme?
2018.01.08 - New version available.
- by BringBack CoolPreviews, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5It's getting better. I was also a Roomy Bookmarks user, so it's hard to go backwards, but given the issues with the new environment, this is great to have. I was really lost at first. I really like the new ability to change background color, etc, and change font size. Also, the delay adjustment is great.
If you could now try to remove the "grid", (e.g., allow bookmarks to be closer or farther together, up to a maximum set width); it would save a lot of room, and keep some names from being cut off. I agree with other commenters about wishing for folders and favicons.
Thanks for your work on this!
PS. One other issue I'm having is that the dropdown won't retract, once it's down, even though I have the delay timer set to 25 ms, so it covers the upper portion of my webpage. This is a significant issue.
- by Firefox user 13472878, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on is very usefull. I used Roomy Bookarks Toolbar on Firefox 56 but it doesn't work on 57.
Bookmarks Drop Down works fine on FF57 and does what's expected. It allows to have a lot of bookmarks on one click.
At this time, it's not perfect but stil very good.
I'll try a few suggestions:
- you should implement a larger delay before it hides (in the options): when you have sub-sub-sub folders it's easy to get your mouse out of the menu and you can start all over again.
- maybe an option for favicon (and even a second option to change the favicon)
- maybe a little line between the sub-sub menus; It'd help reading on the screen
An information for the developers: sometimes, on some sites, it just doesn't work. And sometimes, it remains on the screen so you can't read what you want. But still, it's a good idea, well developed and that can be improved.
48 hours after this comment I've had the real pleasure of realizing that two suggestions are already implemented: now we have a second colour for the sub-menus, it can be changed in the options. With the hiding delay, now you can get out of the menu (and come back quickly) it really helps.
That's really a pity that nothing can be done about favicons, but it's a limit of webextension. Nothing to do with the developer. It was a good job, now it's even better
Once again, a suggestion. On some sites, for unknow reasons, the menu doesn't hide. It's probably caused by scripts. So maybe a button on the menu itself could help hiding.... If possibleThanks for the positive review.
I will of course look into suggestions.
One note, however: WebExtension addons no longer have access to favicons.
Update (1/3/18) - Favicons Now Optionally Dispayed.
- by Firefox user 13374572, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Because I use many bookmarks in my standard Firefox bookmarks toolbar it mainly contains folders in its main row. And if a folder is clicked it expands vertically like a windows menu. This is how it should be.
BookmarksDropDown version 2.1.0 displays a white colored bookmarks toolbar in a new design (looks not like the native Firefox bookmarks toolbar anymore). Every folder got a black colored triangle button on its left side to show that it is clickable. If you click on a folder, its content is displayed in a new horizontal toolbar. If the same folder is clicked again, then the same content is added again. So if you do this multiple times the bookmarks entries will fill the entire Firefox main window. Furthermore a single bookmark is diplayed with a radio button in front of it.
This all looks not even like an alpha version 0.0.1 to me. I think the whole concept of the new version 2.x addon isn't well thought out and needs to be redone from ground up.
The old BookmarksDropDown version 1.3.2 still works well. But its old addon format won't work in future versions of Firefox.
- by Firefox user 13349578, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5OK, I have to admit it's working again with 2.08, but all the reasons why I was using it are gone. No more favicons (I use to remove the text and only keep favicons of sites), no more folders (only displaying the full content of folders),...
For now, it's completely useless for me, and I deactivated it. Prefer to keep my personal bar full time with my favicons.
- by AnonyBull, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Now.. It is working, but there is an error.
The bookmark folder is not found, all bookmarks are listed in the bar.
Is it not possible that the original bookmark toolbar is available as before?
Anyway, thank you for your efforts.
- by cmAk.fr, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5I turned off the regular Bookmarks Toolbar
My toolbar has lot of bookmarks with no text (icons only) and folders.
Does not show Bookmarks Toolbar when cursor moves above web content. Same as v2.0.
Very sorry to read about favicons and webextensions