- Rated 3 out of 5by Torsten Zenk, 5 years agoGood Extension but its not satisfying that all wildcard-variitties are not working (anymore). Everything else is great.
Firefox 57.0 Build 20171116103757
*google.com and *.google.com work but google.* does not, so it is impossible to block all google sites for example.
That would be a great feature.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13641864, 5 years agoWorked fine for me. I don't know what others are talking about, maybe the problem was during update, or they're stupid.
-2 star because it blocks the site in the URL, After you've clicked on it. The website is added to firefox's history, including the back button. Which causes the back button to loop. I assume(not tested) that it would fail to block the site if it were embedded in another.
I expected this blocker to remove and/or disable links in all active html/pages I was viewing. I need a PRE-blocker, not a POST-blocker.
- Rated 3 out of 5by cahnoz, 5 years agoIt has a very serious bug for the whitelist setting. It only works on the first window. It doesn't block ANYTHING when a new window is opened. That being said, everything work perfectly on the first window. Fix that bug then we can use it for our school computers. I need to only allow access to the URL(s) for our tests.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Bamblok, 5 years agoGoddamnit, it's always the password system that gets messed up.
Yeah, it blocks websites just fine. I'm sure for a simple parent wanting to protect their child from harmful websites, it's fine.
The transition into Quantum didn't mess up BlockSite at all. In fact, it cleaned up the UI, added new features, and even got the password system... half working.
Before, you would try to input a password... and everything would stop working. Now, you can put in a password, and it'll actually register! Hooray!
Strangely enough, though, it does NOT, by default, password-lock blocked websites. Rather, the BlockSite options are password-locked. Luckily, though, there is an easy-to-access setting in said options that allows you to password-lock blocked websites.
Except it, you know, doesn't work. It acts as if I never turned on the setting. PLEASE fix this! It'd be insanely useful to me if you did.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13444769, 5 years agohola al momento de tener 2 navegadores abiertos de firefox en una si te lo bloquea las paginas pero en la otra te deja abrir todas, creo que es algun error que descubri sin querer
- Rated 3 out of 5by elctro, 5 years agothanks for the awesome add-on
please make it like the old version when just show notification that the page is blocked then it vanished & not opening a page saying it's block! it's annoying
the other thing is it doesn't add URL like this one (http://appiness.online) it says incorrect URL! it should add any kind of URLs even the an expected one
& last please make the block list sync with browser account
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13429427, 5 years agoHi Blocking Site team!
Latest build 3.1.14 doesn't work at all on my Firefox 56.0.2.
I've installed previous version 220.127.116.11 and it works again! :)
I'm aware that it's not compatible with Firefox 57...
I understand that you needed to upgrade your add-on according to Firefox update but deploying a buggy version doesnt sound good in my opinion! :)
Anyway, thanks for this great addon in 18.104.22.168 with Firefox 56... :)