- Rated 3 out of 5by mattymoo, 2 years agoKinda defeats the point that the toggle on off is so accessible
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHey Mattymoo,
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.
You can lock the on/off toggle by activating our Password Protection.
We are also working on making it more difficult to access the toggle in our upcoming versions.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15154932, 3 years agoWell its nice that it can redirect the victims to somewhere else, such as a document explaining that they should not be, where they for some reason thought they were going to go.
... of course you can't use it to block anyone who knows how to disable addons (ctrl+shit+a + disable addon), but you would be surprised how few people know that (especially if you use it against children).
But against anyone with just a basic level of technical knowledge, you should edit the hosts file locally.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15203688, 3 years agoDoes not allow redirects to IP addresses with port numbers associated. I have a docker container on a local server with a "GO F*CKING WORK" static page that I want to use instead of something with puppies or kittens.
Would otherwise be 4 stars since it does what it advertises on the tin, but not being able to use addresses with ports is lame.
Also, don't tell me to "put a proxy in front of it".
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15076512, 3 years agoSeems to be constantly writing to disk
160KB every 2 seconds meaning over the course of a day it's written nearly 7GB to disk.
I believe this will reduce my SSD's life so I will not use this add-on until this issue is resolved.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14588063, 3 years agoThe adult content blocker does not work, the most common adult sites are still accesible. On the other hand, it is easy to bypass the password of the extension page only by removing the HTML node with the inspector. And finally, as a feature request, it would be useful if you implement a whole page word filter.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12369950, 4 years agoIt seems to work VERY well with ONE MAJOR EXCEPTION... yes you block the site, but you put a full screen window up bragging about it. Can't you just block it SILENTLY? (Or provide a switch for silent blocks of some known sites??)
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14504578, 4 years agoThe absence of an "options" button on the Firefox add ons page is absolutely maddening. I have to go on a ridiculous work-around to make changes to my blocklist. If it weren't for this, this would be a 5-star add on.Hi, all you have to do is click the extension icon and then click the settings icon at the top right corner. Then you can easily change your block list. If you still need help please write us at email@example.com
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14474010, 4 years agoIt did what it said it would do but oddly enough it's getting picked up by my Malwarebytes scan as a threat and removed it.
So I'm not sure what to think about that.Hey, thanks for your review. BlockSite doesn’t contain any viruses or malware. We have been removed from the Malwarebytes list of harmful sites. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14389928, 4 years agoThis is great! I'd just the following additional options: the ability to toggle the ability to turn Blocksite on/off on the extension page, the ability to remove access to the extension webpage during work mode, the ability to customise work mode time and to toggle on/off work mode 5-minute breaks. I've put in some suggestions in the Google Form.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14268974, 4 years agoIt seems to do ALMOST everything I need it to. The one drawback is that the work mode timer seems to only work in 25 minute intervals. I work better in 60-90+ minute intervals.
I do appreciate that the developer seems to address such matters on the review pages. Perhaps there's a fix I haven't discovered yet.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14174716, 4 years agoThe add on is cool but i have problem setting the schedule block. This extension keep blocking me even when schedule is over