- Rated 4 out of 5by li2150, 4 years agoIt worked quite good, solved my problem at the beginning. However, if multiple tabs are opened with "open link in new tab" but not activated, the newly opened tabs will be inserted to the right of the newly inserted inactivated tabs, but not the current tab. Possible to fix this? Thanks.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 6116368, 4 years agoI don't know if I started using this extension before or after the option browser.tabs.insertAfterCurrent existed, but it sure helped a lot and never failed me. Kudos to the dev
- Rated 1 out of 5by moziloper, 4 years agoI think this extension only simplifies the manual inclusion of this option: "browser.tabs.insertAfterCurrent"
This can be done manually using two steps:
1. Type in the address bar: "about:config?filter=browser.tabs.insertAfterCurrent".
2. Set to "true" by double click on it.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoWhy is that bad?
This extension existed long before that preference, so ensures all the users of it continue to have that behavior, even if they don't know about the pref.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13726152, 5 years agoThank you, Dietrich. Been using this indispensable extension for years! However, I now have an ongoing problem where I'm having to reinstall it each time I restart FF, because opening a new tab will always go to the end of my tabs if I don't. Currently using Always Right Version 10.1.6.3 on Firefox 57.04. Any solution to this problem?
- Rated 4 out of 5by methuzla, 5 years ago59.0.2 (32-bit)
After some time working correctly, just recently I find tabs opening at end of line again.
It's absurd this isn't the default.
Using Nightly [now 58.0a1 (2017-10-07) (32-bit)] sometimes ctrl_T goes to end-of-tabs instead of the next slot,
Just now, I did ctrl_T from the frst tab, it went to th end of the line; I moved it back manually.
Next I tried it on a mid-tab: fine, it went to next slot.
Tried again on first tab, this time it worked properly.
I suspect it's a photon glitch, some module not loading in time without being checked. Is there a way to ensure it works always?
Additionally, when I ctr_T on the first tab in the visible row, it not only creates a tab, but shifts focus to it (which is an assumption too far), and moves the current tab leftwards out of view. So I then have to move left again to see where I was.
The search function also changes focus to the search page rather than opening it in background. So, if I need to search for several items on a page, I have to go back & forth each time.Could be another piece of slack thinking by mozilla.
- Rated 5 out of 5by t7yang, 5 years agopls make affect on open a link by middle click
I figure out in order to make it work, browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent have to set to false.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Kocane, 5 years agoThanks Dietrich, the addon seemingly works great. Could you make something similar; an extension which does so when tabs are closed, the focus is switched to the last active tab?
- Rated 5 out of 5by torowind, 5 years agoHave been using this add-on for a few years now. Super useful and it annoys me that the default action in Firefox when opening a new tab is to put that tab at the end. I open many tabs at once so it gets very crowded fast in the tab bar. This addon helps to not lose the new opened tab.
Installed another similar addon, doesn't work as smoothly as this one.