- Rated 3 out of 5by Spondley, 2 years agoThis sentence "Starting from Firefox 57 it requires additional application" is everywhere, but nowhere does it say what the additional application is. What application is needed?
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHello Spondley,
please feel free to install the extension and you will see the app needed as soon as you try to use Always on Top.
In general, starting Firefox 57, mozilla doesn't allow to call windows api from extensions' code. This is why the additional application is required.
Hope this help,
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15983878, 4 years agoHas anyone using this add-on had problems with their machine blue-screening? I am worrying that this add-on could be the cause of why both my personal laptop and my new work laptop are regularly crashing, especially since the work laptop only started crashing the day after I installed AOT. I put my trust in the claim that the additional GitHub file was safe to download and 'too small to contain a virus', but now I'm wondering whether I was too naïve, as I can't think of any other commonality between these two laptops that would explain why both are dying in the same way. If anyone reading this has the tech knowledge to be able to tell me whether or not this add-on could possibly be the cause of the blue-screens, could you please contact me? Not sure whether I can be messaged on here, if not please email me at: uczcrse at ucl dot ac dot uk . Thanks
Developer responseposted 4 years agoHello,
no, you were not naive, I can assure you that AOT isn't a virus and shouldn't be a cause for blue screens.
I'll contact you by email to try and help fixing the issue,
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14976969, 5 years agoNeeded something to hold my browser over the top when I watch videos with windows command shutdown -s -t active.
Worked fine on the old computer with windows 7, but now my windows 10 notifications that the computer will be turned off after X minutes overpower this add-on and sadly show over the mozilla.
- Rated 3 out of 5by ꜱᴩʀɪᴛᴇ➀, 5 years agoThis would be a lot more useful if it resided in the address bar icons (alongside the screenshot, pocket, etc because my use-case for this would be when I have a popped out window. And commonly, those types of windows only show the address bar. The regular addon buttons aren't there.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13616161, 6 years agoVery liked extension until recent changes. If you require additional app for your extension to work you need to publish sources - you already using github to distribute it! But without sources it looks like malware or just incompetence to me.
Ok, i found solution for me. I'm using previous version of FF, so i can install corresponding version of extension. But still this situation with binaries and no sources is suspiciousUPDATED:
There are so many anti viruses to check any binary, I thought that's enough. Anyway, thank you, I will think about publishing my code.