- Rated 4 out of 5by hosa, 2 years agoBreaks Bing Video thumbnails .. I would like to know the exact configuration cause in order to fix it..
Edit: The problem resides in the default trace blocklist, I would like the developers feedback on this..
- Rated 4 out of 5by fedorg, 4 years agoUsually it works fine - I don't nearly as much personalized advertising as I used to. Breaks every Google and Amazon dashboard. Whitelisting doesn't work at all, so I have to remember to pause and unpause all the time.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15571209, 4 years agoGood app... would it be possible to add a feature for spoofing the system timezone? if system time and local do not match, thats a total flag. Surprised that this feature is not available...
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15324926, 4 years agoLots of privacy tweaks all in one place,i was doing several of these tweaks anyway directly or thro addons .but this screws them all together in one place .very convenient also with a simple interface ,very usable,nice one
- Rated 4 out of 5by The Beard Below My Chin, 5 years agoPromising add-on. In the future could you add 'release notes' to updates, I see this gets updated quite frequently with no info.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Aragorn, 6 years agoThank you for your hard work. Do you have any guidance on what other Add-ons are redundant if I have Trace installed?
here are the ones that I have that I think may be:
ClearURLs, Neat URL, Request Control, Skip Redirect, Smart Referer, Don't track me Google, Google search link fix, google-no-tracking-url, WebAPI Manager
I also have Cookie Autodelete, DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials. Ublock, Umatrix, HTTPS Everywhere.
If you had a wiki or FAQ that would be great. This seems to be the only way to contact you at the moment
Developer responseposted 6 years agoHey, there is a FAQ, it's just not very well linked to (I shall fix this asap)
Email is another method of contact too, I try to reply as fast as I can :)
Personally, I just use Trace, HTTPS Everywhere, Decentraleyes and a few other custom addons which aren't public.
Thank you for the feedback, I really do appreciate it
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13909246, 6 years agoWhen uBlock ('uBlock Origin' now) came out I was of those who believed it was to become a major actor, extension in the area of browsers' privacy. I believe Trace has a similar potential.
Though experimental at this stage it performs nicely, Canvas blocking included among many other anti-tracking features.
Neither an expert nor a novice (I started with Firefox 2.x versions), a Firefox "fan" since always, running 37 extensions at this time on a Quantum I'm most fond of, tightly committed to privacy and security (hence 'Firefox'), I am truly interested with this 'Trace' extension. I welcome it and decide to accompany it within its development. Experimental means a work in progress but as it is now it is, IMO, operational even if slight enhancements may be considered.