- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 17746095, 17 days agoit works but somethings off, every now and then new tabs fail to connect as if you'd lost internet. but the loaded tabs you can navigate and request new pages. I have to disable to fix and then re-enable the extension. which defeats my particular use case. wanted youtube to load videos at a preferred resolution everytime. But I'm probably fiddling with this extension more than the effort needed to just correct youtube every video. it has loads of features that I'd like to play with but this bug happens so often I'd rather leave it off
- Rated 2 out of 5by katey1801, a year agoSome features are nice, however the pop out viewer leaves MUCH to be desired.
You cannot seek, which sucks.
But the WORST part? No captions. The captions do not show in the pop out at all. This makes the video inaccessible to me. If possible, I would appreciate a fix at some point. Pop out is currently essentially useless to D/deaf/Hard of Hearing folk like me.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14011267, a year agoExtension has been nearly unusable for the past 2 months. Half of the time it's just not straight up loading when you open a YouTube page directly from a link.
- Rated 2 out of 5by PaulJ, a year agoI need to change my rating and opinion on this. I still like mini player, same as flip horizontally and hide end screens. But reverse the order of a playlist is not working how I wanted it to work. In fact, it's practically not working, because I do not see any icon, nor in player or playlist and also as I now understand, it's only working with pop-up player, which is not working either.
So yeah. For mini player, flip horizontally and hide end screens, this add-on gets two stars, but the rest have no practical use for me or are not working.
- Rated 2 out of 5by XXVII, a year agoIn version 2.0.17 the option " Use the available space based on the viewport dimensions to expand the video player " doesn't resize the video correctly, it's taller than the viewport and the control bar is displayed off screen.
Now has ads.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Wray, 2 years agoInteresting concept ruined by unbelievably bloated execution.
Downloaded solely for the default volume option and to disable default auto-play; the latter works - the former doesn't.
In practice, videos load and begin playing too quickly - before the extension can modify (lower) the volume. Maybe it'd work better if my PC were a potato or my browser ran like crap, but for obvious reasons I'm going to skip that test and go back to using a simple script for what I need.
Has a few other features that might be interesting in very niche scenarios, if they actually work, but nothing that either your average end-user nor your function-minded power-user will care about. Get rid of all that garbage and optimize the remaining code, and maybe this'll be worth trying again.
For now... hard pass.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 16871159, 2 years agowhile the features are good half the time it does not allow me to play the videos, I keep refreshing page and pressing on the play button and its been more than 4 months. I wonder if anyone reported it or the devs are simply not updating it anymore.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Savannah, 2 years agoNot sure when this started, but this add-on seems to prevent videos from beginning at the correct time when there's a timestamp in the YouTube link. i.e. If you go to a link that says https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[video]&t=574s, the video will just start at the beginning instead of starting at 9:34. This problem went away as soon as I disabled this add-on.
- Rated 2 out of 5by person331912, 2 years agothe latest updates did nothing but detract from the add-on and worsen the experience. one made it so you have to click farther away to access the add-on's buttons, the other made it so you need another click before you can access them in the form of a triple dot icon. and finally expanding the video player does not work correctly most of the time ever since these updates rolled out. i don't know why they're doing this but this used to be my #1 extension. now i'm forced to roll back to out of date versions.