- Rated 4 out of 5by snadge, 25 days agonot perfect, but it helps, especially if it is used with other addons, it still doesn't randomize your fingerprint like BRAVE does, only BRAVE gets 3 yes's on EFF's 'cover your tracks' (Ads, Trackers, Fingerprints), or, this addon, with Ublock Origin, Privacy Badger, Local CDN and NoScript (is what I use on Librewolf) gets you all 3 yes's on EFF (1 in 900, so 'common as muck' fingerprint, and unable to track & trace through fingerprinting)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Júlio C. Oliveira, 4 months agoOn coveryourtracks.eff.org shows "Your browser has a unique fingerprint" with a red line under it, And on the section of hash it shows "randomized by first party domain", So I guess it is working some way.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Nibinaear, 4 months agoCaused massive slow down when using ebay and other websites. Firefox identified it as causing slow down, task manager showed as 30% cpu usage for FF.There is little I can do about the problem with eBay. Whitelisting the DOMRect-API helps:
That's why it's whitelisted in the convenience preset.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15183223, 6 months agoThere is a little problem with it... this extension is used by a relatively small community. When a site makes a fingerprint of your browser, the part of the fingerprint is the used extensions... If you can't hide your extension, then the existance of it with some other parameters are enough to track you. IMHO
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13619463, 6 months agohad to disable it because its slowing my browser down again. im sure its mozillas fault, not yours but pls look into it. (this has happened before and it was their fault)For slowdowns the DOMRect API is a hot candidate. I had to disable the notifications for it and it solved my slowdowns.
If this does not solve the problem please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues