- by cello, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5It works except it puzzles me why its size is so much bigger at 4+ MB compared to other agent addons that are only a few KB in size. I hope it is not consuming more system resources as a result. Will be great if author can slim it down some more.Thank you for your review! As mentioned before the 3MiB+ extra data shipped with the extension is used to generate sensible values for the other `navigator.*` browser identification values. Reading information like operating system, CPU type, device type, … from the User-Agent string is quite a hard thing to do as there are no standards at all – one just has to guess based on the COMMENT parts of the User-Agent string. Fortunately the BrowsCap project has maintained a list of matching patterns for figuring out this information since 1997 that is extremely reliable. As such, I will continue using it even if it means bloating the extension size by about 3MiB. The fact that it allows everything to just work out-of-the-box with just a single input value (the User-Agent string itself) in my opinion definitely outweighs that, by comparison small, price.
- by Firefox user 10647288, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5A wonderful multiuse tool. However, it seems that in the latest update YouTube videos won't load unless set to Default. Went back to previous version, videos load normally again.
- by Firefox user 13165481, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Tried it out and it does exactly what it says on the tin. Great for bypassing paywalls and “disable your ad-blocker (so we may cram 864 trackers down your gullet)” messages and so on. Thanks!
- by Firefox user 15124937, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5This works great! I noticed that when I switched it to chrome the preview thumbnail feature worked! I had to take off 1 star because if you switch from chrome to default it will glitch
- by Galin, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Ever best UA switcher I have used.
The panel is a bit too narrow, can't display domain when using 'domain specific'. If is good if I can customize the width by myself.Thanks for the review! Are you thinking about a preference in settings? Or changing the width like how you can change it on other windows when you grab their window border?
The later would not be possible I fear, but the setting would be OK.
- by Firefox user 15039412, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Works like a charm and is open source but it would be nice to add an option to automatically switch to a different user agent on certain websites instead of doing that manually