- Rated 4 out of 5by kkjiang, 7 months agoThe Favicon of each search engine is not "cached" to disk drive, they must to be re-downloaded after every firefox restart, it will be better if these favicons been cached.
- Rated 4 out of 5by BobDawson, 2 years agoGreat little add-on. I use it all the time. I keep on having to disable the popup. I'll uncheck the option and have to uncheck it again some time (even days) later.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15647507, 3 years agoThe options page is somewhat complicated, but after the initial customization there's no need to visit it ever again.
This feature should really be provided by Firefox itself.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Mike, 3 years agoExcellent and works perfectly! Brilliant configuration setup.
Would be a great help if we could turn off the favicons as they seem very slow sometimes to appear and just "pop" in.... quite distracting.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Joe , 4 years agoExcellent for reading or general browsing, the popup is perfect.
However, it's very annoying when editing. The extension needs: (A) a toolbar icon to quickly enable/disable the popup. (B) an option to disable the popup on selections inside inputs or textareas. (C) perhaps whitelists and blacklists of pages/domains where the popup will/won't be used.
Also, it's somewhat concerning that this is not open-source -- for more easily vetting the safety and for submitting pull-requests.
- Rated 4 out of 5by m4758406, 4 years ago1.) addon is activated
2.) I make changes in the bookmarks
3.) restart firefox
4.) changed bookmarks lost, nothing was saved before
I disable the addon
- Rated 4 out of 5by The Beard Below My Chin, 4 years agoGood stuff. It covers 3 types of add-ons in e.g. Context Search, Reverse image search and Server info/Cache browser. Has lots of servers built, can be very organized. I don't care for the restrictive license (on an open platform) so -1 star.
Consider adding POST method for more websites support and bookmarklet support.
- Rated 4 out of 5by horna1, 5 years agoThe popup should stay the same size regardless of site specific custom zoom level, now it gets bigger/smaller if custom zoom is set.
Popup's icons are still "missing" if 3rd party is blocked in uBlock Origin, just square with arrow is showing and not the sites correct icons)
- Rated 4 out of 5by pauldavey, 5 years agoGood - but the popup selection source keeps getting included in some of my html edits!
That may be due to some other addon interaction but it is very annoying - so I disabled the popup selection option for each items which included it and I just use feature via the context menu which is powerfully configurable anyway.
I added many custom "searches" - e.g. https://unfurlr.com/?url=~$S$~ , https://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=~$D$~#last_reboot and https://www.whois.com/whois/~$D$~ ...
Suggestion: An overall master toggle for popup selection on/off would be niceThere is already a master option to disable the popup window. Is the first option under the table "Show the popup window when selecting text".
Can you give me an example of page where the popup window interfere? There is a specific scenario where this could happen and I'm curious if this is the same case.
- Rated 4 out of 5by FahimF, 5 years agoThis extension is very useful and I use it all the time. However, there is an annoying bug with the icon popup in the current version - it does not respect the "Open search page in" setting under preferences. Even if you have that setting set to "a background tab" (and not "a background tab next to current tab") the extension opens search results in a background tab next to the current tab ...
Hmm ... actually looks as if even the context-menu does not respect the "Open search page in" setting - it used to in the previous version but I have not used the context menu since the popup was added ...
- Rated 4 out of 5by End User, 5 years agoNice, but:
1) Is it possible to cache favicons? It's not too smooth to see and wait them loading.
2) Why it is necessary to duplicate engines? I must add an engine both into Firefox and this addon. EVERY TIME!
- Rated 4 out of 5by MrGlasspoole, 5 years agoI was always using 'pastego' for the old search bar:
I don't like the new search bar.
You need to make a right click > paste > select engine.
With the old old search bar and 'pastego' you also need to select the engine first.
If your Add-on would have a button we could click and then select the engine like we do in the context
menu and search for what is in the clipboard it would be perfect.
It also means there would be less work because adding all the engines only to your Add-on and no need to add them also to the Firefox 'one-click search engines'