- by BlackWinny, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5I have used it for years. And I was happy with it, I used it extensively all day long. But when it was last updated two years ago, this previously excellent extension suddenly lost the ability to keep personal settings... You have to reload them in memory from your backup every new Firefox session! An extremely annoying and time-consuming process. As a result, the extension loses most of its interest, and the developer seems to have completely abandoned it. About six months ago I switched to another extension, Swift Selection Search, which does exactly the same job (minus the custom sub-menus) but works perfectly and with the same possibility to save personal settings... but which doesn't require to reload them manually at each Firefox session. A dream! This Selection Context Search extension lost all its interest when it was updated two years ago. Better to switch to Swift Selection Search.
- by Firefox user 12727415, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Excellent functionality, very useful - until it prevented the saving of bookmarks.
Disabling the extension restores normal bookmarking operation.
Linux, FF v64 and at least one version earlier.
I bookmark a page, it's visible in the bookmarks list, but when restarting FF it's no longer there.
Also, after bookmarking one page on a tab and moving to the next (un-bookmarked) page on a different tab, that page shows as bookmarked: the star in the address bar is filled in blue - but this is bogus: clicking on it does nothing and neither does the menu entry "Bookmarks|Bookmark This Page".
Essentially I find the same problem as poster m4758406 (5 months ago at the time of this post).
A very poor workaround can be had by keeping an external list of sites, and then copy/pasting each URL one at a time. Bookmark one tab, close FF, restart (bookmark was saved) - then copy/paste bookmarking the next in the same way.
I'm not sure the developer is still actively supporting this and his other extensions: the last updates for them are showing as a year ago.
That's unfortunate. Aside from the bookmarking problem this extension was very useful.
- by Carottinger, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5An sich ein Tolles Tool - ABER: Bringt meinen FF61 ständig zum abstürzen und zertstört den Cut&Paste Buffer (extrem nervig). Support gibt's auch keinen - im Normalfall deaktivieren.
- by onesolo2, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5I've been trying to use this addon, by trying every version that is released, but after a few minutes that I enable this addon, I get a huge spike on Firefox memory usage till it uses all my memory available (I have 16GB RAM) and crashes my Firefox or sometimes leaves my window freezed!!! Can you please fix this?!? I'm certain that it's due to your addon because when I left it disabled I don't have this
Developer responseposted 4 years agoDid you have this problem before the popup window was added?
Do you have this problem when the browser is just opened, with a blank tab? It is possible that a web page can react to this add-on. I never had this but it is possible.
Please let me know.
- by Think More, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Cannot Save, Please Update it!
Developer responseposted 4 years agoEdit: the bug is fixed in version 2.3
Edit: I see the problem when trying to move a row in an empty folder. I will fix that.
A workaround for now is to create a new row in the folder. Once the folder has a row you can move the other rows in, then remove the first row. To add a new row to a folder, the folder needs to be selected then press "Add a row".
Could you please detail more about this issue? I do not understand what do you mean with the "parallel structure". Maybe an example?