- Rated 2 out of 5by bodwyn, a day agoI can't see a way to manage the extension and as I don't expect to need to use 1, 5 or any number of email redirect addresses very often so the add-on plonking itself between username and password (between tab and enter!) is functionally hobbling and borderline suspicious if privacy is your craft in a security box where intercepting a password entry field is surely a cardinal sin. Removing.
Presumably I can still use the 5 random email addresses from a webpage or a scrap of paper and I'll wait until I have read any theoretical benefit to the add-on and they have locked all MS dark patterning specialists out of Mozilla... oh open source. Shit.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 18122067, a month agoI've no idea how we're supposed to respond to the set up pages, also what if we have more than one email address, does it work for more than 1 email address? What about configuring for me and spouse? ... Thanks...
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 17511331, 2 months agoWe used to be able to customize keyboard shortcuts for this extension and now no longer appear to be able to do so, please fix this; your default shortcuts conflict with other extensions
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15660766, 4 months agoGreat you get free masks (earns a second star). Way too many features don't work! trying to use icon to insert addresses only returns 'undefined' & I have to visit the relay page to copy an alias, where the nicknames I've set for aliases DOES NOT show. A Mozilla add-on in a Mozilla browser & it's just broken
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 12308451, 4 months agoCHE COSA SIGNIFICA : " La tua richiesta non può essere elaborata
Si è verificato un problema con la tua richiesta. Cercheremo di risolverlo al più presto." IO CHIEDO A GOOPGLE O FIRFOX CHI E' IL RESPOSABILE DI RETTIFICARE eE RISOLVERE IL PROBLEMA ADDOTTO GRAZIE
- Rated 2 out of 5by Arnolduz, 6 months agoSlows my FF in Ubuntu mate / HP 250 down with the approximate length of a day... Good intention, poorly probed...
But another thing...
Try not to venture in trying to scrape some funds out of the pockets of your Netizens by pushing fear: "This means if just one account is hacked, every account using the same email address could also be at risk." I Mean, It is only that I'm blind as a bat in this time of night, but otherwise I really would have thrown my Vic-20 ... just right after I read your priceless explaining that "you too, and you, and you, and you and (...) all get to make free many online Horpa (kidding) accounts!"
Throwing the Vic-20 equals the ages that these scare tactics of ´'H A C K E R S΅ - aarrgghh!" already exist in the homecomputiverse, hi Datacrime II, that the diginoobians time and again need to be saved from, even more, their scarcely hard-earned money and other future assets...
Anyway, you know the beat, scamming is sadly a human trait. But, just keep your cool.
Don't buy solutions to problems the very seller needs your help for to save the world from, you unsung hero, and just a little of your money too, but eternal fame and fortune will be thereafter yours for equally the both of you! Well, maybe just a tiny winey little-bitty more equal for him than you, but then hey, he created this really serial problem out of nothing, and that is almost as hard as hitting a real goldmine!
in stead of scaring Firefox users into buying draining monthly subscriptions to your Holy Grails as to hide and protect themselves from total assimilation, which of course will prove to be utterly futile in the end, you better don't pursue this faulty fearsome business at the side. Stick to your corebusiness. Remember where you came from, don't make the creators of Netscape cry over your mistakenly going astray and spilling valuable time and resources to monetizing irrelevant modules.
Live on and prosper!
(first listed on a TI 99/4A in 1982)
- Rated 2 out of 5by Damon White, 8 months agoI'm not having any luck getting it to work
Developer responseposted 7 months agoHey Damon! Can you elaborate on what's not working? We'd love to solve this for you.
Without knowing all the details, go to https://relay.firefox.com and log out and log back in on the browser with the add-on installed.
- Rated 2 out of 5by STP Design, 8 months agoJ'ai visité et fait test Anonymement sur la pageweb ''brilliant.org''. Puis sans mon consentement ''Firefox Relay'' a transmis mon adresse email à ''Brilliant.org'' puis via Relay, le lendemain ils m'ont envoyé un paquet d'email d'abonnement pour leur client (Brilliant.org) afin je leur achete un de leur plan d'abonnement... Firefox Relay transmet votre email pour du commercial, ou FirefoxRelay vous envoi des email commercial ciblé non consenti....
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14444892, a year agoWie kann man einen Email Relay Service aufbauen und dann auch noch Geld fordern, wenn der Service nicht mal in den eigenen Mobile Browser auf iOS integriert ist?? Wie kann man sowas halbgares auf den Markt werfen, wenn man bereits Browser-Hersteller ist. Für mich leider unnutzbar, so lange sich das nicht ändert. Apple macht es mal wieder grandios vor, wie es zu laufen hat. Ich wechsele doch nicht jedes Mal das Tab, öffne die Relay URL, um dann die neue Adresse zu generieren.... Welcher Product Owner hat sich sowas ausgedacht?
- Rated 2 out of 5by kxdmxn, a year agoGood idea, but in general it's pretty useless as you can't switch your main email address to another one or even better using more email addresses.
So, if I don't want to use my main email address I can uninstall.
Also, premium is still not available here in Czech Republic which will probably be fixed in the future.
edit: I already removed extension for not being usable for me as I don't want to use my main email address.
- Rated 2 out of 5by David Strauss, a year agoEven upgrading doesn't remove the "upgrade now" upsell for phone number masking.
Also, let's get this straight: The add-on was updated to sell users on phone masking but not to (1) provide metrics on the use of the phone masks or (2) notify when a message/call has been received. Kind of annoying.
To answer the question from the developer below, restarting the browser does not hide the upsell for phone number masking.
Developer responseposted a year agoThank you David for the feedback. After you've restarted your browser has the upgrade now gone away? We are planning some more improvements and your feedback is helpful.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 16702712, a year agoLeider nur 2 Sterne, da ein großer Teil der Infos in englisch und somit für mich kompliziert erst übersetzt werden müssen.
So wie es ist, verstehe ich die Anwendung noch nicht um effektiv damit arbeiten zu können....
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14906651, a year agoDie Idee ist sehr gut.
Bei Anmeldung auf einer Webseite, wurde ich darauf hingewiesen, das Facebook meine Email verfolgen kann. Deswegen habe ich das Relay installiert und auf dieser Webseite für die Anmeldung getestet.
Leider wird die Relay-Email dort nicht akzeptiert, obwohl ich den Tipp zu Firefox-Relay auf dieser Registrierungs-Seite erhalten habe.
- Rated 2 out of 5by BobbyB, 2 years agoThe relay address does not show as valid on email validators. eg: ipqualityscore dot com and others list it as invalid and disposable even though it does get forwarded.
The problem does not lie with ipqualityscore dot com or others. The problem is with the service which validates the email. Here is the conversation using another validator called centralops dot net.
THE CONVERSATION with https :// centralops.net /co/ ---> The address was rejected! Done today 18-May-2022 12:24 UTC-4
How is any email validating service suppose to reply but "invalid"? "Disposable" email is a judgement call.
OK, I use the free service so I can't complain but if I were to contemplate getting the paid version there is not much incentive to do so if the email will check out as invalid.
Now if you use this email address and the site checks the validity of the email (as it should to avoid spam) then it will see an invalid email
confidence rating: 0 - Bad address
error : RecipientRejected - Mail server rejected the email address.
canonical address: <.........@mozmail.com>
preference exchange IP address (if included)
[Contacting inbound-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com [18.104.22.168]...]
220 inbound-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com ESMTP Amazon SES OenPjqnXlNNRjaYTNPLg
550 5.7.1 TLS required by recipient
[Address has been rejected]