- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14565419, 3 months agoIt works OK... but really, really, *really* needs an option to automatically open Google pages new tabs. Right now, if you click a link that leads to a Google property (mainly, YouTube in my experience) the this plugin basically obliterates all of the tab's history. This means you can't simply click the back button to get back to where you were. You need to hit Ctrl+Shift+T to restore the closed tab, and then close the Google tab manually. Very tedious.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Gaurav Dhital, 4 years agoNot great. Can use google for the most part but can't login to my university email using this. After being redirected from the university portal to what I assume would be gmail, it gets stuck at "www.google.com/a/.edu/acs"
- Rated 3 out of 5by majoraswrath, 4 years agoGreat, but one remark. Could you give us an option when opening a link from google search that it overwrites the current tab and not open in a new tab. So like close the google container and just open the new link???
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14305634, 4 years agoIt works, but it works better than expected. I just want to restrict Google on other sites (reason I got this extention, for example: I don't want "log in using your Google account" on eBay), but I want to be able to log in to Google-pages themselves (google.com, google.de etc). I activated it in the preferences, but it won't work. Deactivated at the moment, please fix.
/edit: okay, maybe I'm just too dumb: when I *don't* activate the "ignore /search pages" option, it kinda works, although it says it will *not* work (meaning: leave them be as they would without the addon) on searches when the box is ticked. I'm confused.
- Rated 3 out of 5by snadge, 4 years agoWorks to some extent...It does not allow you to be signed into say YOUTUBE (as I want) but not stay signed in to GOOGLE search (as I dont want)...doesnt matter which tab its in, if you log out of google your logged out of Youtube in a different Tab.....shame...
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14956003, 4 years agoThere is certain failure on some corporate gmail based accounts. I manga lot of Gmail accounts and a Few corporate ones. One of the corporates behaves fine , the other don't sinca gets hung up on gmail.com/a/mycorporate/acs and does not advance. i have to disable the container, log there, and reenable it.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Arundel, 5 years agoAs some already mentioned, it would be useful to be able to select which Google services can be contained; I'm especially interested in using Youtube / Youtube Music / Gmail as logged-in, but not other Google services (e.g. search).
I think evading Google is a lot harder than escaping Facebook.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Korwin, 5 years agoДа, страницы в домене Google.com, Google.ru и youtube.com загружаются в контейнере Google. Но и новые страницы из результатов поиска открываются также в этом контейнере. Какой в этом смысл, когда почти все вкладки создаются из результатов поиска? Firefox 65.0a1 (2018-11-30) (64-bit).
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14002401, 5 years agoAfter clicking a google search result, it opens the result in a new tab and closes the search results tab, meaning you can only get back to the results by reopening the closed tab. Really sucks.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Patrice, 5 years agoIt's a shame that we can not return to the SERP after a search. So I deactivated for now this extension that would be perfect.