- Rated 4 out of 5by Wicaksono, 2 years agoMost of the time it works just fine. Some website's style are broken, but I'm okay with that. After the recent update, the dark mode becomes less dark. Maybe you guys are trying something. Keep up the good work!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13609173, 2 years agoAlt+shift+A doesn't work anymore. Please fix this issue
- Rated 4 out of 5by bonzoguido, 2 years ago20Aug21. As of Big Sur 11.5.2 update, Dark Reader's functionality is broken. I've removed Dark Reader and reinstalled it. No Joy.
- Rated 4 out of 5by TriMoon, 2 years agoWorks perfectly so far in Firefox Nightly on Android.
*edit* Doesn't work on THIS site, even when enabled in settings and reload. (-1 star)
- Rated 4 out of 5by jigga, 2 years agoStill has its issues with certain sites, but works quite well overall.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Timo Früh, 2 years agoWorkes very good, can recommend it to anyone.
However, I'm not using it anymore at the moment, because I somehow wasn't able to use any browser theme with it. Maybe I'm just too incompetent to find the right setting, but I if you want to use your usual Firefox theme I'd tell you not to use this.
But, as I said, I'm very impressed by the quality of the CSS filtering, and if you just care about that you should definitely give it a go.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Topher, 2 years agoAs a person who prefers the dark themes rather than the blinding whiteness of most sites, I like this idea a lot. This extension works well for the purpose of displaying pages in dark mode. The only problem I've found is that it dramatically increases the time it takes to move between pages.
- Rated 4 out of 5by stib , 2 years agoIt works perfectly for nearly all sites. Would love the ability to easily specify custom colours for elements on a specific page though.
- Rated 4 out of 5by AC⚡️DC, 2 years agoI'm browsing like ten hours a day, and this add-on takes care of my eyes. wouldn't want to be without it any more.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Infinite, 2 years agoThe extension itself is relatively good, but lacks the customizability of Midnight Lizard and like that extension, tends to reduce performance quite a bit.
A surprise when uninstalling the extension is that while most developers usually either show the sad emoticon while saying they're sorry and asking for feedback, Dark Reader merely wishes good luck. Hits worse than a sad face.
I genuinely support the extension, but Midnight Lizard offers a lot more customization, even considering the slow-down.