- by milaniez, 10 days agoRated 2 out of 5This is not smart enough to detect how to invert many texts and websites. Makes multi-color text and even in many cases plain text unreadable. Does not allow for disabling for specific websites.
- by Firefox user 15298032, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5When googling, it shows the page in white for half a second before the dark mode "loads". Also why doesn't it even work for the firefox addon page? (THIS VERY PAGE!?)
- by Firefox user 14560203, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Works for most sites tolerably, however it breaks the kindle cloud reader (read.amazon.com) regardless of whether it's toggled on or off, and regardless of whether you put it in the whitelist or not.
- by moeburn, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Technically works, sometimes. But very poorly. I've seen other extensions do a much better job. This one basically has to have a custom stylesheet for each individual website to work properly, otherwise buttons are disappearing, menu items are vanishing, backgrounds are becoming transparent, it's not just changing the way websites look it's changing and breaking their functionality too.
- by alexg, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5On most sites it doesn't make it dark without bugs and it's too annoying to go through every other option every time for every site, and even then often some parts of sites end up not being ideal.
Would be nice to have a button menu with an ability to cycle through different presets.
idk if there are simple wildcards, seems there aren't, twitch Player Extensions become dark even if twitch.tv is excluded.
- by Just me, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Very good extension. However I noticed with some of the styles I'm not able to see some high resolution pics and sometimes they are barely visible, added to that the missing or barely visible content, so basically the only way to rectify this is to constantly switch between different styles depending on the site you are on which is very tedious and annoying, the styles need to be uniform across all webpages. Btw...If you can create #21 to have the same grey on black fonts as #8 that would be perfect.
- by Firefox user 13324101, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5The funny part: doesn't work on this page! :D
And, tho it's not too important to me- all those dark modes listed as options? They don't work at all.
I'd like Bernard, and all coders of extensions like his, to note that some crucial on-screen elements [like the "Rating" field with its 4 stars to click on for these reviews, are hidden when his (and other) dimmers are used.] Maybe it's not worth the work of fixing, but it is worth adding a warning, for confused and frustrated users.
- by fawn, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Works really well across all websites, but its impossible to adjust the colors. I like the grey text on black background, but every link is really a distractingly bright blue. I went to options, and it listed a ton of "variations" but there was no apply button. I tried clicking a box, and restarting, but that didn't change it either. Why list all those color options if they don't change anything?