- by Firefox user 15082512, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Seems to work quite well, was having an issue with cb and privacy badger would result in pages not loading at startup but latest alpha seems to have fixed thatDo you have Privacy Badger installed? I can replicate your issue when both are installed (CB has to be activated first to reproduce it). But please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues to discuss your problem in details.
- by Avital, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I have only heard good things about CanvasBlocker! So i decided to try, and im sure its great, i just wish there would be a dummy guide for non tech savy people like me.
I dont know why it works on some sites, and not on others? On YouTube its working directly and i can see many fake readouts, but on many sites it doesnt look like its active? The icon is green and i cant see any notifications about fake readouts.Having some sort of Q&A/wiki page is on my list. If you have specific questions you can always post them at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues
Some sites do not use fingerprinting. That's why the icon is green and no notifications show up. But keep in mind that not all notifications mean that a fingerprint is generated. Also legit use of the APIs can trigger the notification. It's just an indicator that CB did something.
- by Adam, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Settings are overly complicated.I always try to simplify the settings, but the subject is complicated. If you have specific settings that you think should be simpler you are welcome to open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with your suggestions.
- by Firefox user 14546632, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Fantastic add-on, and something that has been sorely needed for some time.
But I'd like the ability to whitelist certain sites for troublshooting. I didn't see that option in the settings.
Update: Thanks for the info! I see the whitelist now.
- by Jerry Photo 69, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Edit: Now it's working again. I suspect the problem I had was caused by something else. Worked great up until July 10 2019. Then Gmail stopped loading, thumbs on Amazon, etc... After turning add ons on and off, this was the one causing problems.EDIT: great that it works again.
Nothing was done to CanvasBlocke on that date. Last update was on the 6th. But on my end gmail and amazon work fine. Please open an issue on https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with your details (used Browser version, CB version, CB settings, etc.). There we can communicate much better.
- by Firefox user 15054524, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent add-on, works as advertised. I would appreciate author's opinion on how this add-on interacts with Firefox's new built in fingerprinting protection as of version 67, and whether this add on provides additional protection.
Thanks for everything!!The interaction with Firefox's new protection is discussed here: https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/349
In short: the new feature from Mozilla is good but CB still offers additional value.
- by Firefox user 15038450, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I changed my rating.
Originally I put 1 star because:
1. https://amiunique.org/ reports me as UNIQUE.
2. No support email, only github (I don't even know what it is and I do not want to create account only to ask for support).
Happy to change rating if I receive support (not github but email or phone) and problem is fixed.
I changed to 4 stars because:
1. I was explained that it does not matter if I am unique as long as my profile changes each time which, apparently, it does.
2. The developer contacted me privately even though he's alone and he's not a company or a team. I appreciated that.
3. I put 4 stars instead of 5 because we have become used to better user interface layouts.
All in all I am happy and I recommend it.The same issue is discussed at https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/canvasblocker/reviews/1141570/ and https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/154
In short: it fine to have these sites to report a unique fingerprint as long as the fingerprint changes (which is the case in the default CB settings). You can open up the console (Ctrl + Shift + K) and have a look at the actual fingerprint. There you will see that the protected fingerprints change with each reload.
Regarding support: github is mainly a code managing service (you can look at the complete source code and history of CB there). But it also offers a requirement and bug tracking feature. As I am only one person I have no time to give individual email (or even phone) support. On github some helping angels can support me. Also it provides an overview of already asked questions and open issues so other people with the same issue can see that it is known and/or what the solution is.
- by Firefox user 15030259, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5I'll gladly change my rating if this is shown to be user error but I disabled every other add-on in Firefox except CanvasBlocker, went to browserleaks.com/canvas and ran the test, and the Fingerprint "Signature" field always stays the same no matter what. If I uninstall CanvasBlocker, it's the EXACT same signature as when the extension is installed. I have used the default settings and I have also tried tweaking the settings. The signature NEVER changes.I do not think this is a user error. But with the given information I do not know what's the root cause of the problem. Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with detailed information (e.g. used browser version and operating system) so I can reproduce the problem.