- Rated 5 out of 5by 🐈すらーぷの妖精, a year agoこのアドオンは既定の指紋を変更するのではなく、指紋採取をブロックするものです。
- Rated 5 out of 5by Anonymous, a year agoDon't worry if the extension is not monitored, its open source, i have seen the code, this because there are some malicious extensions but this one it's clean, it's really helpful, the only thing i would add, is, bug fixes to the faking feature (In canvas and audio) and the possibility of fake and block at the same time certain APIs, thanks for this, we need more like this.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Expert Plus, a year agoSorry, but I did detected that this extension does making me not a privacy person. So, in Firefox and LibreWolf (which I using as my default) with this extension coveryourtracks.eff.org says that I have a unique fingerprint (which is sad to hear) and that my browser isn't asking for DNT policies. But without this addon my browser is asking for DNT policies and my fingerprint isn't uniqie. I'm happy without extension........
Developer responseposted a year agoHaving a unique fingerprint does not mean you are trackable: https://canvasblocker.kkapsner.de/faq/#uniqueFingerprint
DNT should not be affected by CanvasBlocker. But I'm not completely sure what you mean by "DNT policies". Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with the details to reproduce it.
- Rated 5 out of 5by PhoenixCausesOof, a year agoIndispensable extension for anyone who seeks for privacy. Bad reviews are generally old, and the extension has improved over time.
I suggest warning users that they have some APIs that are disabled (by the user in about:config). This can render CanvasBlocker “weaker”, although this is not fundamentally an issue with it.
Like if you have `dom.webaudio.enabled` disabled in about:config. This can make you more unique and thus “fingerprintable”.
Developer responseposted a year agoI created https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/592 to track if this is even possible. These flags may not be readable by a webExtension.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13490713, a year agoaddons indispensabile per l'unicità e la protezione del fingerprint, ottime le opzioni di configurazione
- Rated 5 out of 5by ARandomUser, a year agoA must have for anyone who cares about their internet privacy
- Rated 5 out of 5by athethebnhjtny, a year agoAmong the 30+ installed extensions, this is the only one that made me register a Mozilla account and give it 5 stars.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14013375, 2 years agoAs far as i know it worked fine for me so far, but i started using Google Sheets and it kill the performance. Very laggy and slow sheets.
When i disabled this extension it started to scroll smooth as a kitty.
Update: disabling the extension on the site fixed the issue.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoIt's most probably the protection of DOMRects. You can disable it on a site by site basis.
If this does not help please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues were we can communicate better and others can find the solution better.