- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 12809733, vor 2 MonatenCould use some improvements, like a panel where you check all overriden domains (as if you override imgur.com it will always redirect to imgur.io, making it impossible to undo without disabling the extension) and a "simple mode" that allows switching only between desktop and android UA.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 10647288, vor 4 JahrenA wonderful multiuse tool. However, it seems that in the latest update YouTube videos won't load unless set to Default. Went back to previous version, videos load normally again.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 15039412, vor 4 JahrenWorks like a charm and is open source but it would be nice to add an option to automatically switch to a different user agent on certain websites instead of doing that manually
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 12985156, vor 4 JahrenNo longer actively maintained. Bug reports are responded to with requests for "donations to motivate the author".No true! It is actively *maintained*, I'm just unlikely to add new features without sufficient motivation at this point (maintenance ≠ feature development). ;-)
(Obviously I will accept patches for any of the requested features, so feel free donate your time if money isn't available to you!)
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Cyberknight, vor 4 JahrenCompatible with Waterfox! Very customisable and powerful add-on, allowing selecting a specific agent for each visited domain. It has two different interfaces, one more "user friendly" and another more "programmer friendly". One problem with this add-on is its size (4 MB file / 21 MB installed). Recently (2020/10) tested it against other much smaller UA switchers and didn't notice any advantages. Downvoting for rudeness on description Page, though.Thank you for your review! The “huge cache of hundreds (!!!) of files […], which may be completely removed” are in fact used to generate sensible values for the `navigator.*` browser identification values. Parsing information like operating system, CPU type, device type, … is not a simple affair as there are no standards at all – one just has to guess based on the COMMENT parts of the User-Agent string. Fortunately the BrowsCap project has maintained a list of matching patterns for figuring out this information since 1997 that is extremely reliable. As such, I will continue using it even if it means bloating the extension size by about 3MiB. The fact that it allows everything to just work out-of-the-box with just a single input value (the User-Agent string itself) definitely outweighs that, by comparison small, price.
I would like to think that, if you don't need this complete level of emulation, then you may use just about any of the other User-Agent switching extensions because – to my knowledge this capability is unique to this extension.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon none999999, vor 4 JahrenThis is pretty decent. The Playstation default I like as it forces a lot of broken websites (eg. Gmail, YouTube) to work. The downside is adding or changing them does not work. And the CURL and WGET are bad options as they make websites think you're some scraper bot.Thanks for the review!
Could you please elaborte what you mean by “The downside is adding or changing them does not work”? I do not unfortunately understand what you mean by this.
Having the CLI tools options available is good for testing for the exact behaviour you describe as “bad”. Some sites also hide/modify content from web browsers, but only deliver them to bots and specialized client software for automated processing – feeds/podcasts are a prominent example of this.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13926692, vor 5 Jahrengreat extension but
please add domain exception list, some sites look terrible on big screen and some other force you to open site with app like soundcloud and fb messenger
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Igor Gross Vigura, vor 5 Jahrenс прокси не дружит. При включенном прокси и с вашей маскировкой проверяю на сайте http://ip.fri-gate.org/ru/ маскировка не работает данные пк видны FF58
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13307580, vor 5 JahrenThis add-on changed my useragent but also broke other add-ons. External video player was one of them..it worked after I disabled UA switcher. Stable Firefox for Android..Note5.
Edit 1. Another add-on that seems to have abandoned stable Firefox on Android..I've noticed the trend. :-\ This works fine, so far, on Firefox beta. Please disregard one half of the 3★s I gave the add-on. It should be 2½★s since it only works on half of the Firefox browsers I use.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13331399, vor 5 JahrenThis add-on should be perfect if there is an option that allows me to select websites to switch user agent.
For example, I have a following list: "facebook.com, youtube.com". And I want the add-on to only change the user agent when I surf these website. Websites that aren't in the list will not be affected by the add-on.
Could you do it?
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Alex , vor 5 JahrenNeeds custom color setting for the menu, or a global day/night switch. I'm using dark dev theme and this is what addon's menu looks like.
P.S. Don't have gitlab account and I'm not a developer myself, so can't test xpi. Firefox 59.0b9 64bit, dark dev theme, win 10 with dark theme.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 5 JahrenHmm… Looks like you are being bitten by my workaround for dark themes there…
Could you please test this quick test hack and see if it works better in your case:
Also please state which operating system, desktop environment & browser version your are using. If applicable also add information about your system desktop theme.
To respond please open an issue on https://gitlab.com/alexander255/user-agent-switcher/issues as I will not receive any notifications when you update your review. Thanks!
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon chris p, vor 6 JahrenOkay, so maybe it's arguably the best add-on currently available for Firefox android but let's be honest here, that's not saying much and it certainly doesn't make it an automatic 5 stars. For starters the icon is broken on android and it should have been addressed in testing. As is, the list of selectable user agents is rather small and quite limited and there is simply no good excuse for such a limitation. There ought to be a custom editable list of user agents to select from that could be expanded upon by the user by manually entering in as many agents as the user needs. All things considered, it is a decent add-on with noticeable room for improvement.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 6 JahrenUnfortunately the possible ways of interacting with the browser's user interface on Firefox for Android are currently alot more restricted than on desktop Firefox (the fact that I can add an icon to the browser's address bar is already a hack in itself!). As such I had decided to halt all further Firefox for Android development until this is being addressed.
As of Firefox for Android 55 this is finally the case and the first set of improvements (no configurable list yet, unfortunately) has landed in the recently reviewed 1.0.5 version of the extension.
If there are user-agents that you would like to see in the next release in particular (somebody already requested iPad), then please add that to your comment and I'll probably add them. The user-expandable list should be released in not-too-long as well.