- von Yamaha_YZ250Fox, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternennot work
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor einem JahrAs stated in the about section, the "native" mode has been broked by a recent update of Firefox. The bug has been submitted to Mozilla. Meanwhile, the custom mode can be used and is operational. If any issue is encountered using this mode, feel free to post a message on my contact page.
Update 2020-03-09: the bug which affects native mode will be fixed in Firefox 75 (to be released April 7th)
- von Firefox-Benutzer 5667353, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenThis could be a very useful tool if it wasn't so erratic. It is very hard to use. Highlight a word and the menu doesn't always come up or if it does, either the menu disappears before you can click on it or the highlighted text loses its highlight Nor when a word ts highlighted, does it highlight every instant of the word. If a mistake is made and you try to delete it, it removes all highlighting as well as the mistake and then the extension will not work at all. It would be helpful if there was a drp down menu on the right click. All in all, it is a very frustrating tool.
One serious problem is that if a one or two syllable word is highlighted and the same syllables appear in three or more syllable words, the one or two syllables are highlighted in words with more syllables. Example: highlight the word "sane" and the letters will be also highlighted in the word "insane."
Another problem is that if by mistake not every letter is selected in a word that is highlighted and the user later tries to correct this by selecting either the entire word or the missing letter or letters and highlight them, HIGHLIGHT ALL will highlight the missing letter(s) and split the word into two parts while highlighting all of them.
In response to an earlier comment herein about the difficulty of deleting an erroneous highlight without removing all the highlighting in the document, the app author suggested clicking on the erroneous highlight and deleting it. It doesn't work and remains a serious defect.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor einem JahrNative mode is broken due to a bug since Firefox 71, as you can read in the about section.
In custom mode, if you are using multiple highlight colors, and after highlighting a series of words with different colors you want to remove one of them, just right-click on any occurrence *of this color* and select "Remove highlighting" (instead of right-clicking at a random location in the page). For any other issue that is not encountered. For other issues, that are not encountered by the majority of HightlightAll users, please use my contact page to explain how they occur and provide details so that they can be fixed.
- von megatron, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenWorked up to the point of actually trying to highlight multiple words/sentences. Out of all the colors I had customized for myself only 3 worked. Then it started "crashing" and wouldn't highlight at all.
- von hosa, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenjust doesnt work!.. i dont know why.. no icon the find is the same no changeYou shouldn't expect to find an icon or to see a difference in the way the search is being performed. HighlightAll does not feature any icon and is not integrated with Firefox's search. It is simply triggered by a text selection. Also make sure that it is enabled in the extension's options.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14690081, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenDidnt seem to work at all. Im on windows using firefox 65.0.2 (64-bit). I wanted to see highlighting in the scrollbar but did not.You need to select some text to get occurrences highlighted. It is not linked to the find feature. If you have any other issue, please get in touch with me using the contact form http://jgoudey.free.fr/highlightall/contact.php5
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12655166, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenNot working at all!By default the extension must be activated using the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-F8). Then only you can select some text to get automatically all instances highlighted.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14180704, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenWhy does this want access data for all websites? That's ridiculous and suspicious."Suspicious": totally agree.
"Ridiculous": not really. The add-on interacts with the page content to find the text you want to highlight. And it needs to be able to do it for any site. That's what "accessing data" is about. Unfortunately Firefox developers didn't find a more specific way to alert users.
You can read https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/permission-request-messages-firefox-extensions for more information.
But in any case, if you don't feel confident in what you are about to install, it is generally best to not install it.
- von emoxam, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenSearch markers doesn't work. windows 7 x64, FF 59.0.1 x64
custom highlighting option doesn't save. maybe thats the reason
Addon doesn't work at all, nothing happen when addon is on, or off, no difference in ff behavior.
- von Troy DeUnix, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenMakes Copy/Paste Hotkeys stop working. Must right click and choose "Copy" to copy anything. High drain for a simple funciton, disabling core functionality makes it big mistake though it sounds rather helpful.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12289046, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenActivates with ctrl+F8. I have a macbook, and my keyboard does not have F8. Went to website and could find no information on this.
Please make this more mac friendly.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12812696, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenJust updated from Firefox 54 to Firefox 56 and it doesn't work in 56. This is already known and the developer has retooled it for Firefox 57; this review is just to let any other new Firefox 56 users who don't want to install Firefox 57 know that Highlight All is the culprit causing anomalies in their new Firefox 56 upgrade. I have about thirty extensions installed and I had to disable them one by one to find out it was Highlight All interfering with keyboard shortcuts. Unfortunately no version of Highlight All works in Firefox 56 and I don't want to upgrade to 57 and risk losing even more extensions, so for me Highlight All is no more. Regrettably, unless a rollback version is created (which is admittedly a lot to ask), I must snuff four stars that once blazed bright.