Bewertet mit 3,7 von 5 Sternen
3,7 von 5 Sternen
- von Iain Hallam, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenIt kind of works, but the scrollbar markers don't appear for all instances, don't do anything when clicked, and sometimes appear for instances that don't exist. I was hoping this would be useful, but given that my testing shows it's not reliable, probably better for me to uninstall than get unreliable results.
- von Noob Saibot, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenWould highlight sections or words I didn't have highlighted. Also found the "left click" to highlight very annoying. Would make more sense just to "right click" and select 'highlight selected word/text'. Uninstalled.
- von taro, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI just switched the default browser from Google Chrome to Firefox and have sought out the feature to display FIND research highlight in scrollbar and found this extension. I loved it. Keep up at good work!
- von Gertlex, vor 3 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis plugin is an essential in my toolbox. (Auto-highlight all, amazing for code reading.) With Firefox 75, it's back to working perfectly. Unfortunately had to survive for a few Firefox versions without it due to components in the browser breaking. Many thanks to the addon's author/maintainer for keeping this plugin going. He was a pleasure to interact with when I inquired about this now-past issue.
- von jerobi, vor 4 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenVery nice idea and implementation of virtual scrollbar is outstanding.
Native highlighting is not working due to FF bug.
If anyone has Ctrl+F8 shortcut occupied, FF support shortcut changing in extensions settings.
Is it possible to implement search function(e.g. from toolbar, or preferably from context menu)? It would be highly useful. No other extension provide similar features.
- von Marcel, vor 4 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis is maybe the single most useful extension after a password manager. I read and write lots of technical text, and it really helps to keep an overview of the terms used throughout a page. Also good for spotting typos/variations of words not in dictionaries.
One Caveat: Native Mode does not work!
- von Yamaha_YZ250Fox, vor 4 MonatenBewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternennot workAs stated in the about section, the "native" mode has been broked by a recent update of Firefox. The bug has been submitted to Mozilla. Meanwhile, the custom mode can be used and is operational. If any issue is encountered using this mode, feel free to post a message on my contact page.
Update 2020-03-09: the bug which affects native mode will be fixed in Firefox 75 (to be released April 7th)
- von Firefox-Benutzer 5667353, vor 4 MonatenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenThis could be a very useful tool if it wasn't so erratic. It is very hard to use. Highlight a word and the menu doesn't always come up or if it does, either the menu disappears before you can click on it or the highlighted text loses its highlight Nor when a word ts highlighted, does it highlight every instant of the word. If a mistake is made and you try to delete it, it removes all highlighting as well as the mistake and then the extension will not work at all. It would be helpful if there was a drp down menu on the right click. All in all, it is a very frustrating tool.
One serious problem is that if a one or two syllable word is highlighted and the same syllables appear in three or more syllable words, the one or two syllables are highlighted in words with more syllables. Example: highlight the word "sane" and the letters will be also highlighted in the word "insane."
Another problem is that if by mistake not every letter is selected in a word that is highlighted and the user later tries to correct this by selecting either the entire word or the missing letter or letters and highlight them, HIGHLIGHT ALL will highlight the missing letter(s) and split the word into two parts while highlighting all of them.
In response to an earlier comment herein about the difficulty of deleting an erroneous highlight without removing all the highlighting in the document, the app author suggested clicking on the erroneous highlight and deleting it. It doesn't work and remains a serious defect.Native mode is broken due to a bug since Firefox 71, as you can read in the about section.
In custom mode, if you are using multiple highlight colors, and after highlighting a series of words with different colors you want to remove one of them, just right-click on any occurrence *of this color* and select "Remove highlighting" (instead of right-clicking at a random location in the page). For any other issue that is not encountered. For other issues, that are not encountered by the majority of HightlightAll users, please use my contact page to explain how they occur and provide details so that they can be fixed.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13651241, vor 5 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenGreat addon, thanks a lot! Can you add a hotkey to switch to the next found word? Also will be great to add ability to scroll the mouse wheel above search markers to view next founded word or press some button with mouse wheel scroll.
- von Guinbox, vor 6 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenplease fix this, HighlightAll not working after update firefox , when i select word there is no Highlight for the same words in page
thanks for this great helpfull addons
- von Aaron Fooshée, vor 6 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenDownloaded to get markers on my scrollbar. HighlightAll is a decent solution until Firefox makes this a standard like Chrome does. Only allows for searching of text on the page, not user input.
As I have it setup, I have to do a complicated shortcut (using the fn key to bring up f8 on my Macbook's Touchbar, so it would be nice to have the option to assign my own shortcut.
Generally good functionality, thanks Jerome.
- von hhamin, vor 7 MonatenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenI ahve used HighlightAll in the past, but recently it make copy a word very hard. Also, when I cannot clear the hight light neither I can't copy. Is there a fix for these problems? I have disabled it until a solution there.
- von ysemeniuk, vor 8 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenMan, I love this thing. I so used to such functionality in IDEs that I added it to browser too. And now moving from chrome to firefox, this was the first extension I searched ( even before adblock). Your version does the job flawlessly and has good enough customisation