- von Nonya Bidness, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenGood Replacement for FVD, buuuut...the PRO version has a recurring subscription monetization model. It appears as if the PRO version depends on cloud/server functionality, which makes me concerned as to the long term stability of this extension.
I have no problem paying for well developed software, I am not going to pay a recurring fee for using a browser extension. The cost to value is not there for me. I suspect it's not there for many others too. I'd gladly pay a one time premium for this extension. But I want all of my data, and all of it's functionality on my disk, not in the cloud or on a server if at all possible.
I'll be keeping an eye on this, it works for me...for now. But, here's hoping the author comes up with a sane, and more sensible monetization, which offers some added value for features vs cost vs "is my stuff going to be stable, or will it go away at some point?"
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor einem MonatHello Nonya,
Regarding the "long term stability" - I'm using my own addon every day and I can't imagine my Firefox without it. So as long as I live, I will make sure it works, including the server. I'm only 33 years old now and I've been working on it for 5 years now and I see myself working on it 5 years from now and more :).
There was a one-time payment in the beginning (years ago), but it wasn't generating enough money for me to survive and sadly even now when check my Patreon page, I'm not making a lot (this is my full time job).
Regarding privacy concerns, I will be adding custom server synchronization (sometime in the future) and also End to end encryption (this should come in Q1 2022). But for now I can tell you that nobody except me has access to users data and I'm doing my best to protect it.
Anyway, if you have questions, feel free to contact me to my support email. And even though I can't offer you Pro version without the cloud account, I may give you some nice discount if you can't afford it right now (I will be adding better pricing once I finish my server upgrade).
Also I'm sorry for the delay, I'm a bit sick so I'm in bed most of the day :(
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12278011, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenLots of features lockedHello,
The full list of Pro features can be found here:
But I would say all basic features should be there. My addon didn't have any Pro features for a first few years, I've stared adding them only much later on.
Feel free to contact me to my support email if you have troubles setting it up, I know some things are not as intuitive as it should be. I'm working on those now...
- von viceroy, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenthe add-on is ok, unfortunately i can't show my hundreds of shortcasts as thumbnail and i can't change the number of columns. if I have less then it work, as I said, over a certain amount of thunbnails it doesn’t work as Speeddial
How can i change it ???
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Problem is like KBC is describe!!!!!!!!!!!
I have Speeddial from the Blacklist removed now its working again and i will wait till something happen in the positiv wayHello,
You can change the rows/columns from the "Edit group" window - right click group name.
You can change the layout to "Fixed" and enable group scrolling which will allow you to add many rows.
I'm working on new layouts for the upcoming release to make this easier :).
- von Docmex9, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenWhen I had "Speed Dial" I would give it 5 Stars. Mozilla Firefox took it upon themselves to Delete my "Speed Dial" app. As far as I'm concerned this is an "Invasion of Privacy". I'm Old enough (71) and smart enough to make my own decisions. If I want to use "Speed Dial" it is MY responsibility if I want to take a chance with an app. And my machine is covered by "Malwarebytes", "Key Scrambler", "Torguard" and "Windows Security" as well as "Windows Firewall".Hello,
I understand your frustration with data loss, but I think you got confused with the addons, the original you had was "Speed dial [fvd]".
This is a different addon made by different, non-shady, hard working developer :).
Anyway, if you need help with data recovery from the competitor addon, please contact me to my support email and I should be able to help you.
- von Oshoreiki, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenI used to love this add-on until the moment I updated my Firefox to 70. Now it is a crap working full of problems. Are you trying to fix the issues?
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 2 JahrenHello Oshoreiki,
Please contact me to my support email with additional info (what exactly is not working as expected).
I haven't made any changes for last 4 months, so things should work as before (I'm testing it with every new Beta / Nightly release).
Also there will be a new version 14.0 released any day now so if you found some bugs, please let me know and I can include the fix in the new version.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15259983, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternendrag & drop feature doesn't work in android.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 2 JahrenHello,
Yes, I'm really sorry but this is very hard to do... I have no idea how to implement it right and there is so many other features that needs to be done.
Until then, you can do this on desktop and let changes synchronize over the cloud.
- von Jezze, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenWhy doesn't this add-on use my existing bookmarks to display links and folders as tiles. It makes absolutely no sense to have another bookmark manager! Is there even an import function?Hello,
Yes there is import feature - in the Options page / Import backup tab - see the "Import dials from Firefox bookmarks '.json' file" option.
The synchronization with bookmarks is planned feature and it will come in the future. But it was not requested by many users as other features.
Have a nice weekend :)
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12533355, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenSin last updates to the "fast"Firefox this add-on is reporting continuous crashes. Even my system is experiencing BLUE SCREENS when the extension is allowed in my Firefox.
I would somebody mail me with a similar issue to let me know how to solve the isse as I don't see other reliable option to substitute my speed dials for another extension.Hello,
If you are running 10.6 or 10.7 version AND your Firefox version is below 60, for example 56, then you need to reinstall my add-on (make sure to backup your dials first). Sadly the new version released today is no longer compatible with unsupported versions of Firefox and you need at least Firefox 60 ESR.
So you have two options now:
1) upgrade your Firefox to at least Firefox ESR 60 or current release 62.
2) install older version of my add-on 10.5 from this page: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/groupspeeddial/versions/
(but you will need to uninstall current version first - also make sure to create backup of your dials before you uninstall it!).
However since your Firefox 56 is no longer supported by Mozilla - I'm strongly recommending you to upgrade your Firefox. Your version 56 doesn't contain any security updates released in version 57 and above.
Also if you have more issues, please contact me to my support e-mail.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12331816, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenI liked the old Speeddial more. Clicking on the upper right hand corner of a dial brought up a full menu of options. With this one, I still haven't figured out how to delete a dial, rename a group, etc. So I'm a techno-peasant, admittedly....Hello,
All of these actions are available through context menu - right click the dial or group name.
You can now access the "Edit group" window also through the Options button on the top-right.
All options are in the separate Options page.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12404536, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenI really like the ability to personalize. There are many who are moving from "Speed Dial" by Josep del Rio because it has the ability to use the Ctrl with more than a single digit. For people like me, who have 20 groups and more than 200 pages, I find it easy to access them by memorizing the number and only typing it with the Ctrl. I feel that otherwise this AdsOn is excellent, but I still occupy modzilla 57.0 because I do not have that facility in any other AdOns. And to be honest, this is the one I like the most and the one I see the most in the future. I would love to have that option, since it is really very comfortable and makes the navigation very efficient and precise, more when I use 4x4 groups and only my first page has 12 very frequent pages. To incorporate a similar or better solution, not only would it put the 5 stars, but it would change my rating in SpeedDial to promote the use of its AdOn, since that function to many even made them change to WaterFox or in my case, not update to Quantum.
- von lordmax, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenEvery other speed dial don't have problem this ask for a reset of all my extensions data and no one know what else.
I don't care if is a ff bug or not, find a workaround to fix it
In response to Juraj Mäsiar
Yes I know, I'm a developer too
But the problem remains
Use some different components for your extensions.
I have more than 35 extension at now. More than 5 of them use the IndexedDB database and only your have the problem.
At least change component, use a local sqllite insteadHello,
I'm really sorry for the inconveniences, but please understand my situation. I'm just using the tools I have available. If the tool is broken, all I can do is complain to the manufacturer.
Currently the tool is the IndexedDB database and the manufacturer is Firefox. And the situation is even more complicated because of other software in your PC that want to "help" you by cleaning and corrupting your Firefox database.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13285061, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenУ меня много закладок и они были в старом speedial рассортированы по многим папкам. Теперь из этих папок в доступе только половина. Как-то однажды система давала доступ к остальным. Но как это произошло я не поняла, так что потом я все равно осталась без половины своих закладок. Так что в принципе приложение по сравнению со старым очень слабое...Hello,
Your groups are there, you just don't see them. The group-list is actually scrollable, but you can also:
1) increase Group list height to 50 in Options page / Groups tab, to see two rows of groups (you can also decrease font size or reduce spacing)
2) use group-dials instead to navigate between groups, you can see that in the introduction video with the group-dial "Work" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvT4w-R8hJU)
3) rename groups with long names :)
But as a user with 3 big monitors I can also recommend you to buy a bigger screen, like 27" with QHD resolution (2560x1440) - it's a great way to increase productivity and you can fit a lot of groups there.
I hope this helps.
Have a nice day :)
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13840886, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenI have had contact with the developer to tell them of the issues of disappearing Group Speed Dial from pinned tabs and also not showing up despite it being set as the home tab.
Still not been able to get to the bottom of it.
This happens in new versions of FF on both W10 Pro and W7 Enterprise.
Still not sure why this happens.
It gets very annoying to continuously have to pin the Group Speed Dial tab. Wish I could have the old Speed Dial tab back as that was very reliable!Hello,
This is a Firefox bug - every add-on that you pin will disappear after it's upgrade. And since I'm actively developing my add-on, there is a lot of disappearing (I've released new version even today).
I could program a work-around that would store the position of pinned tabs and then restore them after the upgrade, but it's not easy and there is just no time for that right now (I'm really sorry, but as a full-time addon developer my income is now extremely low and I need to focus on things that maters...).
Have a nice day :)
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12421395, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenWell worse than speed dial which was discontinued for some reason. Speed dial was really great extension - much easier to use and more convenient. That's why I started using Waterfox as other very useful extensions were dumped from Firefox too (like FireFTP and FireSSH etc..). Too bad. Firefox used to be my favorite browser. Latest changes were a big step backwards in my view.Hello,
I'm sorry to hear that. If you could send me an e-mail with specific issues, I'm sure I can improve stuff.
The feedback is very important as for me as author, everything seems simple and intuitive (even when it's not).
Have a nice day :)
- von Capel, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenНе отображается при запуске, корявый интерфейс, не поддерживает горячие клавиши на диалы (или не нашёл этого).Hello,
To set it up as homepage, please follow the steps in Options page / first tab / first line.
To enable hot-kes support, please install support add-on:
Have a nice day :)
- von upfront09, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenBuggy as heck! The concept is great but it has crashed quite often. I was using SpeedDial before Firefox 57 and was basically force to use this. I have already sent a few reports when it crashes. I get a yellow bar on top of the browser asking me to stop it or wait. Since Firefox 57 came out I'm still to load all my dials across my computers. Hope it's improved soon.